Help

Hi I live in Adelaide Brighton and I'm looking for help, in my area selling my craft.

Image preview

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Help

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I hate to put obstacles in your way but you are wanting to sell in a category that is already very slow.

There is one ebay seller who makes similar items who has been around for many years and had/has a large store as well as his own website.

For quite a while he has been voicing his concern over the future of his ebay selling and concentrating more on his own website.

I agree with the other members who have mentioned the Facebook selling sites....there are no fees there.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Perhaps contacting some dance groups, calisthenics groups or acting groups might be an outlet for your items.

Would think that there are some in your area, can you check your local hall, church hall, local school especially preps/kindergartens etc and send some information to them or drop into the office and see if you can put a notice up on their notice board.

I would also suggest that you try to contact your local newspaper (most are online now) and see if you can get a message in their adds.

Items like this are very attractive to clubs and groups so word of mouth is invaluable if you can get the right contacts.

Can you turn them into attractive/pretty cushions? Just a thought.

Good Luck

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

@glenbankloel wrote:

Perhaps contacting some dance groups, calisthenics groups or acting groups might be an outlet for your items.

Would think that there are some in your area, can you check your local hall, church hall, local school especially preps/kindergartens etc and send some information to them or drop into the office and see if you can put a notice up on their notice board.

I would also suggest that you try to contact your local newspaper (most are online now) and see if you can get a message in their adds.

Items like this are very attractive to clubs and groups so word of mouth is invaluable if you can get the right contacts.

Can you turn them into attractive/pretty cushions? Just a thought.

Good Luck

That's a very good suggestion glenbankloel. Hopefully what you posted here will also encourage some other good likewise suggestions.

Dance groups is a very good idea. Perhaps too some other clubs etc..

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

It sounds like you need help more on the order fulfillment side than anything else. A lot of Facebook groups do concentrate on local buy / sell  so you could sell to people who can come and pick up, if you're comfortanle with that and it's a safe option for you. 

I'd consider perhaps looking for someone you can wholesale them to, this way instead of trying to organise and post multiple small sales on a continual basis, you'd only need to organise one large sale every so often. 

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply