Help

Hi I live in Adelaide Brighton and I'm looking for help, in my area selling my craft.

Image preview

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Help

@ciderdog10 wrote:

Hi I live in Adelaide Brighton and I'm looking for help, in my area selling my craft.

Image preview

What kind of craft are you selling? I couldn't see a picture.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Help

I am not sure what you are asking. You want to sell on eBay? Just in your area? If so, make your listings "pick-up" only

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Help

20200323_021354.jpg

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Help

I am partly disabled so doing the posting etc is a bit much for me. I'm looking for a person living close to me who can sell my craft for me. I have other things that I make too. like sun catchers and jewellery.

Marg.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Help

You can't post your email address here. Apart from the fact that it is now available to anybody with an internet connection, it is against board policy.

I have asked a moderator to remove it.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Help

You might be better of trying a local Facebook buy/swap/sell site.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Help

Sorry, didn't know, I am new to this. Marg.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Help

I know they look a bit rough ,but once I have done a dozen in each colour.they are tidied up and pulled into shape. My idea is to provide ready made flowers too sew or glue them onto headbands etc..

Image preview

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Help

@ciderdog10,

It's going to be very difficult to find someone to sell your items just by posting on these threads. eBay's rules concerning exchange of contact information (including emails, phone numbers, addresses, etc.) are extremely stringent, and there is a range of sanctions that they will visit upon eBayers who trangress those rules.

The reason for those rules is generally understood to be eBay's determination to prevent off-eBay sales and fee avoidance.

You may want to look into eBay's Valet program.

❝Our Valet program takes all the effort out of listing and selling. You send in your items and a selling expert prices and sells them on your behalf, for an agreed share of the sale price.❞

However, anything without a barcode can't be sold through eBay Valet. There are other restrictions as well.

I echo the recommendation that you might be best off selling on Facebook. Perhaps the site rhyming with Betsy could be of interest as well. (I don't know whether or not you can find someone to help you packing/posting, or listing/selling for you, but bear in mind that the margin for these sorts of items might not be large enough to bear the cost of paying commission to someone else selling on your behalf.)

What about getting relatives involved to help you? Do you have nephews or nieces or grandkids or friends who would be happy to give you a hand for a % of the profit? (Wide range of relatives as we've no idea about how old you are!) Let's say that you want to sell on eBay... You could stipulate a handling time of 7 days so that would obviate the need to send off orders every day; making it once a week might make it viable for you.

If you do decide to start selling on these boards, you should read up on the various eBay selling policies to give you a good background. It would also be an excellent idea to ask questions on these boards about anything on which you're not clear... how to deal with non-payers, whether selling internationally would be worth it for you, how to get the best out of your listing titles, how to deal with requests for refunds, and many many more issues. The help you can get on these boards is better than any course... it's worth more than gold. It may sometimes be proffered bluntly, but it comes from the wealth of experience in many different selling categories from various different sellers.

Think about whether it would be worth it... Best of luck!

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply