Hi, how many days should I wait for after I opened a case with the resolution centre?

Hi, I sold the item on the 26/9. The client keeps on saying he has issues with his card...I refused to be credited through Paypal (I didn`t click for it from the beginning of the auction)..I opened the case with the resolution centre nearly 7 days ago...what should I do now? 

Thanks for your advice

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Hi, how many days should I wait for after I opened a case with the resolution centre?

If the buyer still hasn't paid, close the unpaid item case now to get a credit for your selling fees.

The buyer can't leave feedback once the case is closed.

You are selling camera parts, one of the most scammed items on eBay especially from hijacked dormant accounts.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Re: Hi, how many days should I wait for after I opened a case with the resolution centre?

@claudio511 wrote:

Hi, I sold the item on the 26/9. The client keeps on saying he has issues with his card...I refused to be credited through Paypal (I didn`t click for it from the beginning of the auction)..I opened the case with the resolution centre nearly 7 days ago...what should I do now? 

Thanks for your advice

Do you have EFTPOS facitilities, if not that's why the buyer can't pay you.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

You can't really sell on eBay without accepting PayPal, unless you are on managed payments - the rules are that you have to offer at least one safe payment method, and the choice used to be between PayPal and merchant facilities (where you can accept credit card payments directly), however once eBay started preparing for the switch to managed payments, support was ended for merchant facilities and now PayPal is effectively mandatory.

Card payments on eBay for sellers who don't have merchant facilities, are processed by PayPal and paid into a PayPal account, so it sounds less like the buyer is having problems with their card and more like (to put it bluntly) they are having problems with their seller. An unpaid item case would be inappropriate in this case, IMO.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is hardly fair to give the buyer a strike because you refused to accept his card payment through paypal.....the only way for him to pay unless you have EFTPOS facilities yourself.

What should you do?   Close the case and allow the buyer to pay you.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply