Hi is anyone else having trouble with the time it takes Aust Post to deliver parcels these days.

Spoiler

I have always sent the same day  payment is made and they always arrived within a couple of days. Now it sometimes takes 2 to 3 weeks. Would love to know what changed. ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ก

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi is anyone else having trouble with the time it takes Aust Post to deliver parcels these days.

We don't very often use parcels, mostly standard mail by large letter.

Over this past month we seem to have had a sudden increase in the number of items reported by buyers as not arriving.

Our usual rate has been around 1 in 1000 reported lost. We don't think its scammers as they all appear genuine.

We send out replacements once the buyer has done a few checks and the elapsed time to wait has been reasonable.

A few weeks back Aust Post totally lost an express item from us. We sent the buyer another one then lodged a formal complaint with AP.

It has been almost 3-weeks now and the tracking still shows as in transit and the buyer has never received it. They got the 2nd one OK.

There is a tracking event saying item is under investigation by AP but that's it. Nothing returned to us either.

My thoughts are that their recent financial woes are resulting in reduced staff levels and hence quality of service decline.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Same experoences here.  Wer also send by large letter and late arrivals are now frequent when were once a rarity.  Items going to NSW seem to be the most prevelant.  Not looking forward to the on time shipping defects once introduced next year.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I've had one lost in the past month (but she lived in a massive apartment block so it wasn't necessarily Australia Post's fault).

As for delivery times, my feedback is littered with "fast delivery" comments . . . but I live in a capital city so I guess that's why it's faster.

Unrealistic buyer expectations are a bigger problem for me. I currently have a buyer who paid late on the 13th, I posted on the morning of the 14th, and they emailed me yesterday (the 15th) asking where it was. This same buyer asked me how long it'd take to arrive BEFORE buying and I told them 2 - 5 days (large letter) . . . their message was literally, "I know you said 2 - 5 days, but why isn't it here? I want to receive it."  Smiley Mad

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I had one of those too. Paid at lunchtime, I posted within the hour, I got a message later that afternoon asking where it was. I replied that it was at the post office. The next day I got another message asking why it hadn't arrived yet.

I tried to point out that I was in NSW, they were in WA, therefore it takes longer than a day. I also said if they  wanted it quicker they should have selected the Express post option when paying. 

I got another message 5 days later thanking me and that they were really happy with it. I was relieved as I was expecting a neg.

I have been having a pretty good run with postage times lately. 2 days to SE Qld, Vic and SA. 4 days to FNQ. Normally it takes 2-3 weeks to get anywhere in Vic!

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply