Higher level of non payments

vampize
Community Member

ive been selling on and off this past 4 years and have this past 4 months started selling about 15 items aweek, resently it has been comming to my attention customers are simply not paying for there goods. I have just this week 4 non payments i have to deal with. I am happy to wait for payments if customers request it or if there is good commuication, but there simply isnt any commuication bewteen sellers and buyers. I read in there feedback pages and im not the only person who is missing out on payments. This week im missing out on $100 in sales and i can do nothing about it but relist. its very frustrating without good sellers there is no ebay. i feel like sellers are getting the raw end of the stick.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Higher level of non payments

I would have to agree with you Vampize. The day ebay removed the ability for sellers to leave a negative feeback against buyers resulted in an increase in non-payers.

I have seen an increase in my thirteen years of selling on ebay! Noticeably within the last 4 years.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Do you always go through the unpaid item dispute process so non payers get a strike? Do you open those disputes promptly after 4 or 5 days so those who have just forgotten about paying are reminded before they have spent the cash elsewhere? Do you have your buyer block in place so that anyone with 2 or more strikes in the last 12 months cannot buy from you? Finally I hope you don't decide to breach ebay policy and risk getting a policy violation by leaving false positive feedback for a seller.

And no I have seen no increase in the percentage of non payers over the thirteen or more years I have been selling on ebay.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

I would have to agree with you Vampize. The day ebay removed the ability for sellers to leave a negative feeback against buyers resulted in an increase in non-payers.

I have seen an increase in my thirteen years of selling on ebay! Noticeably within the last 4 years.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Yes, but the OP wasn't around when sellers could leave negs, so that couldn't be the reason.

I still get a couple a year, about what I have always gotten over my 4 years here.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

I have had less non-payers than usual, which is very good. 

Thank goodness as I can't abide them, they are serious time-wasting, expensive, thoughtless critters.    

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Yeah, I am finding this has been happening a lot too

People tend to go on and just play around with things, and they will 'buy' a couple different variations of one listing I might have.  Then when you ask them when they're going to pay for it, they say "But I never actually bought it, I was just looking !"

Duh !  You actually DID buy it !! 

It amazes me how people can go through several screens to buy something, hit confirm buttons and everything,  but they never intended to buy it

Grrrr !

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

From a buyers perspective:

I have made 2 purchases with two different sellers in last couple of days. They are both international sellers. I have been requesting a combined post total from both, for 2 days.....no response.....no comms........therefore I cannot and will not make payment as the post charges are incorrect.

The 'problem' is from the sellers end not the buyers end in this instance.

This same issue occurs several times a month now and never used to be my experience 6 months ago.

Not all non-payment issues are rooted in 'bad' buyers simply messing sellers around-just wanted to give this discussion a more balanced perspective.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Mmmm isn't that off-topic slightly perhaps if that is a concern of yours maybe start a different thread in buying about sellers that don't send combined invoices in an efficient manner.  IMO very different issue than an increase in non paying buyers experienced by the OP in their selling activities.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

....well, IMO catpj's, this is about non-payment....isn't it? Well I am only pointing out that in some instances there may be a reason as to why a buyer is holding off from making payment.

Pretty well on topic....IMO 🙂

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

your false positive feedback comment did not make any sense, sorry. I completely agree with the level of unpaid items on Ebay. it does need to stop and is a legitimate problem.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply