Hostile feedback regardless of refund !!

After agreeing to a refund and even offering to pay for return postage, instead the buyer opened a Paypal dispute to which I immediately agreed to a refund via Paypal.  Buyer has left horrible, slanderous feedback and after ebay said they "would not" remove it, I responded to the feedback.  It kind of stands out amongst all my other positive feedback.  However, it appears that the buyer's ID seems to be private?  Is this always the case?  I'd like others to know the ID of the buyer so that he could be avoided.  Can anyone help here?

Also, when you block someone, how long before it comes into effect? and does that also mean blocked members cannot follow you?Cheers

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Hostile feedback regardless of refund !!

Did you read what you wrote?

"ps I have blocked someone who is following me - creepy

and I didn't notice them before I blocked them"

Hmmmmmmmmm.............................ebay's werid and wonderful sellers lol

And they think buyers are creepy...................

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

what I meant was I have blocked a buyer

and then noticed they were following me after I blocked them

Just noticed your thread in the buyers section alerting them to sellers

"what do you think about this Buyers"

most buyers are fine it's the troublemakers we have to worry about and they know who they are , don't they ?

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

That's an interesting response.

I would be very wary of sellers who "have no regard to what they sell", its usually evident.

This is actually about a problem buyer.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Thank you for bringing that to my attention cathy, but I think one has to look a bit further as to why the buyer has left hostile feedback, don't you? or do you just disregard that part? Your statment "This is actually about a problem buyer."  makes me relise that its evident you have no regard.   

I don't think it's just "the problem buyer"........................  

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

He does sound like a bit of a jerk, and it was poor form for him to say youre a liar and a cheat.

However, giving a refund does not erase a buyer negative experience. In general, negative comments even when a refund is given can be completely valid. 

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

Cathy, a couple of years ago I had a buyer label me as "dishonest" in feedback because I posted her an incorrectly coloured item. It was a simple error on my part and I express posted the correct item with a pre-paid satchel to return the incorrect item immediately.

At the time eBay had a policy about slanderous/libellous comments using such expressions as "liar, fraud, dishonest, cheat" etc. I sent a lawyer's note to eBay and the comment was removed so fast it'd make your head spin! I can't seem to find any reference to such a policy now. The irony is that if she had simply said in feedback that I was careless or sloppy, there would have been no grounds for removal of the comment.

In a second irony, after labelling me as dishonest, she attempted to keep both items, and only returned the original item ( a month later) after I informed her that I had to report it as stolen to claim on my insurance.

One of the problems with the feedback system is that under the cloak of comparative anonymity, people are a lot braver than they would be face to face!

Good luck,

Marina.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

I also sent the wrong item once. I had two shell necklaces. They were similar but with a few differences. I sent the wrong one. When the buyer told me, I immediatly sent the right one with a stamped envelope for the return of the other. She kept both. So she went from being an honest buyer to  a thief. I could have taken it further but the cost wasn't worth it. I just hope she feels guilty whenever she wears them.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

There was a defamation form that was available to download which enabled sellers to have those sort of remarks removed by eBay.  It was obviously too successful in eBay's eyes as they stopped accepting them a couple of years ago I think.  So once again sellers are open to this type of libellous abuse with eBay turning a blind eye.  You can of course still go through the legal processes but that costs $$$'s 

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply