How Can A User Of These Forums See What I Buy When No F/B Was Left By Either Party

Recently I bought some items No feedback was left by either party but still a certain user in this forum was able to access this information including what item I bought. How is this possible?????

Just Curious

Paddy

Message 1 of 112
Latest reply
111 REPLIES 111

How Can A User Of These Forums See What I Buy When No F/B Was Left By Either Party

No privacy issue as far as I'm concerned.

As has already been mentioned - all purchases are a matter of public record.

Message 11 of 112
Latest reply

if you post that you have to open potato chips from the bottom of the packet then i cant stop looking , if i am in this forum and read posters post ,well thats for me to read or advice , but if i have to go out of the forum to spy on what ebayers  buy  , well then its mot my business , if someone posts here about an item but does not want to show what the item is , then thats there business  , if a poster does not want for others here know what they buy ,they have it private, 

to go out and spy on someones id  is one thing but to then put it on this forum so everybody sees thats another thing.

if you were using your real id and i went to a program that told me what you brought on ebay ,and it was private  would you like me to post it here to others.  correct 

Message 12 of 112
Latest reply

then keep it to yourself 

Message 13 of 112
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

then keep it to yourself 

Keep what to myself?      The info that is public?

Do you know how much sense that doesn't make?

Message 14 of 112
Latest reply

yes public domain  is fine  but then having posters using it on this forum is a disgrace , if someone buys something realy personal  and then a poster here tells everybody , do you think thats right, some posters here have there buying  private, for what ever reason they like and then some smart poster going to a program and telling everybody it was the pink thrilly underwear bob brought on ebay

Message 15 of 112
Latest reply

But nobody has done that.

And I don't think anyone would mention something of a delicate nature either

But as slr said - you certainly go looking through feedback - so - same, same

Message 16 of 112
Latest reply

Joe, the site under discussion does not show Private Listings at all so if the item is private enough for the seller to list it as Private then nobody's privacy is being invaded.

Message 17 of 112
Latest reply

not the same  when we buy we look thru feedback to see what the seller is like , and if they dont want there buying items listed to see they dont , this program does not stop anything .  if you have your buying private on ebay this program makes it un private.

hey my opinion , its the same as going thru your neibours rubish bin 

Message 18 of 112
Latest reply

thats fine lyndal but thats not the case   you for one have your items private  correct  thats fine , but it will tell you your items , all you have to do is check or would you like me to tell you what you last brought\ps was thelast thing you got or thhereabouts  cost $20.50 with3 bids

Message 19 of 112
Latest reply

If your neighbour's rubbish bin is out on the street for collection it is not illegal for someone to go through it.  

Our council does it regularly to check that residents are using their recycling and rubbish bins for the correct items.

Message 20 of 112
Latest reply