How Can I Regularly Update The Front Page of My Ebay Store?

Hi All

We are a non-profit organization has started with our eBay store recently REMOVED.

If you visit our store, you will see it shows 5 items, randomly selected. 

We want to hand-pick or make sure that this front page will always show the latest upload. Can anyone please guide us with this?

How can I regularly update the item list on our eBay store front page?

Thanks

Daily Positive

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Firstly you don't have an eBay store, it is just a normal eBay account.

Not sure what you mean by front page but when you list items they will go into date order showing oldest with least amount of time left first. That is the default by eBay.

It is up to each individual buyer how they view your items, some may select view newest listings first but it is not something you can decide for others.

Hope that helps.

image host
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Hi kopenhagen5

As you can see our inexperience is showing up in our question. It is only few months we have started. We thought we have store and was not aware of the difference between store and normal account.

Front page means, I am refering to REMOVED. And you said our page showing "hey will go into date order showing oldest with least amount of time left first. That is the default by eBay." that is exactly waht we want to change. Instead, we want to show some hand-picked iteam i.e. edit the default option for REMOVED.

Can I do this for this page with my normal account?

Also, it is our account and shouldn't we be able to decide what we show at that link?

Thanks

Daily Positive

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

What members will see when they search for your items is this page:-

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/dailypositive/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg

Not the one you've shown the link for, as Kopes has said "newly listed" is the default made by eBay and cannot be changed.

To add, don't be tempted to open a store until you have 100 plus listings AND a good sell-through rate or you'll be wasting your money.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Hi padi*0409

Thanks for all the good advice and they are very helpful for a new starter. 

But our problem is our link is not showing "newly listed", instead showing according to Kopes description, mostly old listing.

About the link, we have found REMOVED is short and looks better than the one you have. Thus, easy to use in our brouchure. Even in your link, our newly listed products are shown at the bottom.

Based on all the suggestions, is that right to say, the link that we have (not store), we cannot edit the view?

Thanks

Daily Positive

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

When any member clicks on either your listings or feedback and then clicks on listings they will be shown the page below, with newly listed at the top. The reason for the difference, I suspect, is because you have changed your view in the dropdown menue, doing that doesn't change the default for others looking at your listings.

As said members looking at your listings will be directed to the link I provided, not the one you have provided.

Capture.PNG

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

@dailypositive wrote:

Hi padi*0409

Thanks for all the good advice and they are very helpful for a new starter. 

But our problem is our link is not showing "newly listed", instead showing according to Kopes description, mostly old listing.

About the link, we have found REMOVED is short and looks better than the one you have. Thus, easy to use in our brouchure. Even in your link, our newly listed products are shown at the bottom.

Based on all the suggestions, is that right to say, the link that we have (not store), we cannot edit the view?

Thanks

Daily Positive

The link you have here is to your Profile page.  Members do not find that when they search for items on ebay.

Only after they find an item that they are interested in do they then look at all the items you have for sale and if they decide to buy they will check out your Profile page to see how reliable other members have found you as a seller.

The items on your Profile page are not searchable so it makes no difference what is there and what order they are in.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

I thought ebay's default page was 'best match' - which is even worse

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

I thought ebay's default page was 'best match' - which is even worse

They could come up for me as "newly listed" Stawks because my saved searches and saved sellers are set up that way - who knows....

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Hi All

Thanks for the great tips and insightful discussions. We learned a lot.

However, I may still have to ask the question again for yes/no answer. The bottom line is, we cannot change what is shown at REMOVED, is that correct?

Sorry to ask the question again differently, because we have about 10.5K followers on our FacebooK. To advertise our eBay store on Facebook we need to provide a link and the link REMOVED is short and perfect to advertise to our Facebook users and to put that into our brochure.

In case we cannot change the view of it, will you suggest us to advertise REMOVED to our Facebook/brochure?

Thanks

Daily Positive

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply