How Does a Buyer with sooo many non-payments get past our blocks

Over the past couple of weeks we have had this buyer bidding on lots of our items.

Asked us to hold over the ones she had already won so we could send an invoice for combined postage, which we did.

Total order value ended up close to $100. Significant for us.

After we sent the invoice we heard nothing for 3-days, so I sent a gentle reminder message.

Then we got a reply back about how I am a struggling single mum and can't afford to pay, not sure when I can.... blah blah

So that prompted me to take a look at her FB. She has a score of over 250 and during the past 12-months it is littered with false positives from other sellers about not paying and all the various stories about why she can't. Same kinda story we are getting now.

So I figured we were in for a non-payer and opened up a UID case against her. After 3-days now nothing more has been heard.

She outbid quite a few other bidders to whom we sent 2nd chance offers (we have multiple items) too but they never took up the offers. So we have potentially missed those sales as well due to her bidding.

With all these various buyers complaining about her not paying she must have had more than the 2 non-payments in 12-months we have set up but has still managed somehow to bid on our stuff. I can't imagine all those sellers never raised and closed cases against her. How else can they get back their fees? There must be lots of sellers out there who dont know about the UID case??? And just lose their fees.

So now we will be adding her to out BBL's of course. Wish I could post her ID on here for others but of course I cannot.

To cap it off she has one NEG FB which mentions no/slow communication and issue not resolved. So she has at least tried selling too.

And of course ebay will do nothing about such rogue buyers so not much point in reporting her to them.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: How Does a Buyer with sooo many non-payments get past our blocks

Clarry.UHM,(via the message/envelope at the top).

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

Well I can't do that. I have it on good authority that there is a new mod reviewing posts and if any such posts are seen giving coded clues as to the identity of IDs then a 7-day enforced vacation is issued.

I am so sorry clarry, I did not realize that was happening.  I just see it quite regularly and thought it was OK  Smiley Embarassed

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

No worries. Thanks.
Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

I'm not sure, but I think you can open a case for each individual item if you're within the time limit.     Yes, I hope you can give her 10 strikes ... it's so annoying when you try to make things cheaper for them and then they let you down.

I have about 5 buyers who I hold quite a few items until they finish and it works out really well for us all.   I send an invoice (minus postage) at the end of 3 weeks and they pay .. they they let me know when they're finished, and I send the invoice  with postage.   They are all very reliable buyers .... but it just takes one 'rotten egg' to spoil it all.

I must admit I have been caught a long time ago,  the same as you .... good luck, I hope you get it sorted out soon.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply