How Free Are "Free Listings" Nowadays ???

I'm a bit lost since the introduction of 30 day fees for "Good Til Cancelled" listings as I still keep getting the sell for free invitation emails with either free listings/free FVF or whatever, but I don't know how this relates to the now very precious 40 Free listings per month.

I don't want to start experimenting with "free" listings, in case they somehow get deducted from the monthly 40 free listings or at the end of the month there is going to be a massive accumulated rollover that can't be accommodated with 40 free listings per month, so what gives ???

I'm already struggling trying to stop older listings from rolling over as I used to list in drips and drabs, so I have to keep a constant eye on every single group of listings, when exactly they are going to roll over, so for starters I can't stagger listings anymore, unless I stay on E-Bay 24/7

Next you have to end the overflow of 40 listings every month and relist them some other time, providing you have some listings left of your now precious 40 free listings per month.

It's a silly big unneccesary administration and a total pain in the a..., unless there is a simple solution that I don't know about ??

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

When you go to promo's you will see all the offers there.

You then need to accept any offer you want.

Some offers are for $1 or 75% off FVF but are not free to list so they will come off your 40 freebies.

Grab any of the the free to list with no FVF. They are a striaight bonus on top of your 40 freebies.

But if you select fixed price be sure to remember to end them before they relist next month if it will exceed your freebies.

Or you could list them as auction with 7 or 10 days.

(That's what I suggest with some of the promos as it makes it easier to keep track of how many GTC at any given time)

image host
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Thank you so much !!

Will see if I can work it out (here's hoping !)

HeartHeart

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

If you list them during the promo using the Quick Listing tool they'll renew for free and not use your freebies.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

I tried the quick listing tool yesyerday and when none of the pretty pictures that they put up matched my item and i selected 'Create your own listing', it reverted to the advanced listing toll. Going to be even more people caught out with re-list fees.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

It's really easy to monitor when gtc listings are due to roll over. Sign in every morning and see how many are due to roll over that day, bulk end them, then sit and wait for the next unlimited promo. Takes 5 minutes a day to check and end any before they roll over.

If you've got a promo for unlimited listings, eg. weekend promo, bulk end all the ones that are due to roll over in the next week and bulk relist them, with either bulk relist or bulk sell similar. Again, only takes a few minutes.

If you sort your active listings page by time left the ones that are due to roll over next are always at the top and it only takes two seconds to work out which ones need ending.
Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

How free are your plugs?
how free are your plugs?
That's all I need to know
cause eBay has a whole world of fees
When they said they would be free
They're charging you and me

Sorry
Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Here's hoping. I realise it's a lot of extra work keeping tabs on a whole 55 listings.

I can manage 2,500 without too much trouble, but I treat eBay as a business and never rely on them to do my work for me.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Spoiler
I particularly like the hand mirror  'that's never been used'
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

“The mirror crack'd from side to side
"The curse has come upon me," cried
The Lady of Shalott”

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply