How am I going to get a reputation as a seller if buyers won't leave feedback?

After selling my first item ever on ebay I didn't get feedback from the buyer. I emailed them to request  feedback but still no response. How am I going to build up a reputation as a seller if buyers won't leave feedback?

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Feedback is voluntary and asking for it was not a good idea.  MAny people get upset being asked and will leave neg.  The item you sold is in a category where there are frequently problems.  If you really want to be a seller it is a good idea to list and sell some items from around the house that are no longer required.  Stay professional and just do it little by little until you do get some pos feedback .  Asking is not the way to go.  You can guarantee that if there was a problem you would have heard from the buyer.

Good luck with selling.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

It's voluntary and more buyers are not leaving feedback these days.

Just keep giving good service to your buyers and the lack of any negs will stand you in good stead.

image host
Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

One word - patience.

We recently started a new id.  The first 4 buyers didn't leave feedback.  Annoying, but no feedback is better than bad feedback.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

You have just described my own experience. It's like you asked for their last drop of blood. Some buyers will deliberately not give feedback if you ask for it, just to be spiteful.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

I enclose a paper sheet of feedback request with item thus it's kinda a to do list for buyer to leave feedback. Feedback does improved.
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

A buyer has 60 days to leave feedback and in that time ebay will remind the buyer to leave feedback.

Your buyer still has time to leave feedback if they wish to.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

A buyer has 60 days to leave feedback and in that time ebay will remind the buyer to leave feedback.

Your buyer still has time to leave feedback if they wish to.

Yes - and sometimes that reminder "reminds" them that they haven't received the item.

It's happened to us twice in the last couple of months - thanks Australia Post!

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Did you leave feedback for the buyer? Some buyers only leave feedback if they first receive it.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

@papermoon.lady wrote:

Did you leave feedback for the buyer? Some buyers only leave feedback if they first receive it.

OP only sold one item back in July and has left feedback for the buyer.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply