How can people come to see a large item at my address without getting into BIG trouble from eBay?

Just finished a 1 week restriction for giving my address to a prospective buyer for a $10 mirror.

Now I want to sell a clock, and I would imagine people would like to come and have a look.

what should I do. 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

How can people come to see a large item at my address without getting into BIG trouble from eBay?

are you able to write down your address and take a photo of it, then attach the photo to a message to potential buyers ?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Ebay wants the buyer to commit to buying.  Then it's safe to send your details.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

If anyone asks to come look at it, type out in words your phone number.

Ridiculous to expect buyers to click BIN, many just won't and go onto the next seller.

image host
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Sounds like a good idea. Have you tried this?  

If I get another black mark I may get kicked off eBay for ever!!$

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Yes, but that was last year before eBay started sending out the warnings.

To be on the safe side perhaps the other suggestion of sending a photo of the number is better, the bots can't decipher what is in a pic.

image host
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Or maybe take another photo of the mirror, with the piece of paper with the phone number on it, on top of the mirror (if you do go the photo suggestion)

So if ebay do want to get randomly funny, you can honestly say you were sending them another angle of the mirror

Would be so nice if ebay showed half the concern over REAL scammers and fakes etc

My guess is, this way, there are more non payments(when the buyer sees it is not what was expected in person) and ebay hope people won't open non payment disputes (due to potential buyers now having a seller's address, they are considered less likely to open a dispute)

Bingo! ebay get extra fees 

call me cynical, but ebay gives every reason for sellers to be so

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply