How did someone get a Top Seller badge with only 73 small sales in 12 months?

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I don't understand how a seller was awarded Top Seller badge for 73 very small sales in 12 months. Their review number is 67. I thought you had to have minimum sales dollars and minimum monthly transactions. Makes me doubt the validity of top sellers

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

because the $$$$ amount might have been enough to meet the criteria for PS status.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Thanks sparklz, but I did mention in the text that the sales were small in dollars, less than $500 for the year. I believe that devalues the Top Seller badge somewhat

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Power Seller (and ergo Top Rated) is based on the number of transactions + $ value of sales, so it's entirely likely (since the threshold for PS has been reduced to US$1000) that they have sold other items over the last 12 months totalling $1-3000 and just haven't received feedback for them. 

The Top Seller badge is being retired in the next couple of weeks anyway, and while Top Rated itself remains in effect, the only notation on listings etc will be 'eBay Premium Service', which is noted on listings that meet PS and TRS+ requirements. 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

It is based on the number and value of sales, not on the number of transactions that buyers have left feedback for, the two can be totally different. 

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply