How do I deal with rude staff at my local post office?

chezzy
Community Member

Hi folks

This is not the first time I have raised the issue but could not find the previous post.

I am in a situation where my local post office has rude/unfriendly staff. During weekdays I am limited to

this Post Office. No matter what day, what time - even during the quietest times - the staff there can

barely utter a friendly word, a smile or even a thankyou.

Regardless I try to be courteous and organized. Seems to make no difference.

This alone is putting me off selling on ebay. I can't get my head around it. I have had enough

and this week when one of them told me bluntly to move aside I told them there was

"no need to be rude and you are always rude". They did not even look at me or respond,

completely ignored me.

Am at the point where I would like to lodge a complaint but not sure where? This is not a stand alone

Post Office, it is an agency/newsagent combined. Who are they accountable/answerable to -

Australia Post or is there a district manager who oversees these places?

Any help would be appreciated!

In the meantime I am thinking of having one posting day (Saturdays) and travelling to another

Post Office. Because I am not keen to give a single cent to my local one with their attitude.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 74
Latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

Re: How do I deal with rude staff at my local post office?

@bestcollectablesonline wrote:

I've dealt with PO staff around Australia for the last 30 years and It's the luck of the draw - The reality is It can take a long time to get on good commonsense terms with some of them,  sorry, that's what's in front of you - go elsewhere or just persist. What will help is if you buy a box of registered labels for appropriate large letters and do half their work for them including putting all the stamps on the item that is required (get a charges booklet and work it out) Over time some of them will appreciate what you're doing, but dont bet on it.

I already do whatever I can do to streamline the process and am currently looking into ebay labels and prepaid. I send very few letter items otherwise the box of registered labels would help. Pity they can't be used for parcels.

Message 71 of 74
Latest reply

n60n-59
Community Member

Tell the company you are dealing with. That you prefer a courier to deliver what you ordered or you won’t deal with the company and cancel the order. At least with a courier you’ll get what you ordered. It won’t go missing. Or you won’t have to walk miles to a post office because the lazy Australian post worker didn’t want to walk up two steps. 

Message 72 of 74
Latest reply

Excellent advice............................almost 9 years later

What makes you think the seller was a company and not an individual

And the buyer can't cancel, only the seller can do that

And most sellers don't take kindly to 'threats' from buyers, most likely them would been seen as potential trouble makers and swiftly blocked 

And if you believe all courier delivered items make it to the buyer and won't go missing, surely you are having a lend

Message 73 of 74
Latest reply

Hi,

The thread has been locked due to age. Please, open a new one if you need assistance 

Thank you

Message 74 of 74
Latest reply