Ebay put my payout on hold

Dear sellers,

We just happily sold an item, and buyers paid. The item was sold on local pick up condition.

I was shocked to find out that eBay put our money on hold and asked me to verify my details, which I did. Twice! Nothing happened after that.  Still on hold. Then I opened transaction details, and they say: " Great news - your item has sold! Funds from this sale will be on hold until we can confirm the buyer has picked up the item. Scan the buyer's QR code when they collect the item to receive funds within the next day. Without the QR code confirmation, the hold will remain in place for 10 days."

I have contacted the buyer. They know nothing about QR code.

The whole thing is very confusing. eBay asked me to verify my identity till 19 of July, and didn't acknowledge the verification. Then they want the buyer's QR code, and say the money will be on hold for 10 days, which is beginning of July. And buyers seem to be knowing nothing about QR code.  

What do I do? Is there any way to get our payout or contact  real people on eBay to talk to them?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You would seem to be a new, or intermittent, seller.

The fact that neither you nor the buyer knew about the QR code means that neither of you bothered to read about buying or selling on eBay, in the current climate.

IF you have properly signed up for Managed Payments (a big if, I suspect), your funds will be released after 30 days if no case is opened against you. You might be able to get the money released earlier if the buyer leaves positive feedback.

Hint: Insist on cash for local pickup items. Failing that, download the app so you can scan the QR code, which is provided to the buyer at time of purchase for pick up items.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply.

I am probably an intermittent seller. I haven't sell things on eBay for a while, but when I did things where quite simple. I'll have a look at Managed Payments. As for a QR code, the buyer seems to be not knowing what kind of thing it is. They don't know about QR codes. They said they hate technology. How is this code provided for them? Where can they find it?

Thanks

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I think I'm signed up for Managed Payments. I was going through this process while listing my item.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Use the ebay help tab

After you've completed your purchase, we'll send you an email with a local pickup code (a QR code and a 6-digit code). You can either take the email with you or show the seller the code in your eBay app when you collect your item. The seller will scan or enter the code on their eBay app to confirm you’ve picked up your item.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply.

I'll let the buyer know about it. It looks like they don't need to download eBay app since they hate technology?

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

You agreed to the terms when you listed, telling eBay you were happy to go along with their policies

So don't tick you have read and understood when you have'nt

If you are talking about this account you are posting with, then possibly eBay see you as a new seller since you sell very infrequently and your last sale was over a year ago

Same rules for every single seller who does the same

How did the buyer pay late? you choose how much time you allow the buyer takes to pay 

No loophole

And no sorry, the commission on funds on hold line loser the poster all credibility 

And no, I don't work for eBay

I simply don't expect policies I have agreed to won't really mean me

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply