How do I get genuine help about my seller level being dropped?

My seller level has been dropped because of some returns I have had. I didn't pay attention as I didn't realise the importance of the way eBay marked the return cases. 

I have one case that was not evaluated properly and the seller attempted to use an item that was totally incorrect for what he needed, and then said my item was wrong. Despite me selling 5 of the items without issue and getting proof that the item the buyer required was not what I had listed.

I have another case where I contacted the buyer and asked them to confirm if they were happy with the outcome of the case. They got back to me and said they wer however eBay is not willing to remove the case from my defect report.

I have another case I didn't follow up on where the buyer returned an item because they felt like it and eBay refunded them. Becasuse I didn't follow up on it eBay marked me down.

No I have had 3 people return items recently because they changed their mind. Rather than messing around trying to get them to pay postage I have sent them the labels and refunded them the full amount and followed the procedures asked by eBay. 

However the defect rate has not changed and these cases if they couted would bring my seller level back to above standard. I have contacted eBay customer support today and they just keep repeating the same thing saying the seller level cannot be evaluated untill the 20th of next month and it is now the 25th. So eBay wants to continue to charge the extra 5% for almost another month rather than evaluating my cases and seller level properly. 

I feel like this is almost criminal if not definately criminal. Does anyone have any help on how I can get legitimate support from eBay? Or have any advice on how I can get this solved?

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

In the same boat on one of my accounts and what you need to do is follow ebay's suggestions on how you can make your seller level go up.

And yes ebay will only evaluate you once a month, I have been evaluated the past 4 months and my level still hasn't gone up yet but still selling so I'm not to fussed about the level I'm on, it will teach me to run out of stock and pay more attention to what I sell and how much stock I have left.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

You can contact CS via live chat and if you get a sympathetic rep, you might manage to successfully  request that some of the defects be removed, that is if you can justify them being removed.

Note, even if some or all of your defects are removed, it is unlikely to affect your account status until your next scheduled review.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

I've tried several times and they keep saying it has to be within 90 days. 

I spoke to them via email and in probably 10 emails I spoke to a different rep even after asking to speak to the same rep. One rep said they would try to help but then I got a responce from a different rep the next email. It's so frustrating not being helped properly and just going around in circles. Especially if your income is coming from eBay. 

They should be more responsible. 

I thought maybe they would help me through community but it seems to be like a forum. 

I feel like they don't care about sellers much. I have paid them a big chunk of money in the last 4 years and I'm still just a number. 

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

You can contact CS via live chat and if you get a sympathetic rep, you might manage to successfully  request that some of the defects be removed, that is if you can justify them being removed.

Note, even if some or all of your defects are removed, it is unlikely to affect your account status until your next scheduled review.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

thought maybe they would help me through community but it seems to be like a forum

That's because it is. eBay neither read nor respond to forum posts. All you get here is members with vast experience.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

are these defects or actual high return rate? These are two different things
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

@best.mx.shop wrote:

I've tried several times and they keep saying it has to be within 90 days. 

I spoke to them via email and in probably 10 emails I spoke to a different rep even after asking to speak to the same rep. One rep said they would try to help but then I got a responce from a different rep the next email. It's so frustrating not being helped properly and just going around in circles. Especially if your income is coming from eBay. 

They should be more responsible. 

I thought maybe they would help me through community but it seems to be like a forum. 

I feel like they don't care about sellers much. I have paid them a big chunk of money in the last 4 years and I'm still just a number. 

It sounds like you should be following your own advice. You mentioned that you didn't follow up with a number of cases, which is not being very responsible yourself. 

There is another thread of a seller in a similar situation. Maybe have a read of that and go from there.

In future, stay on top of your disputes!

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Maybe instead of being patronising you could spend your energy trying to help people.
Yes I have let some cases go but I am very busy.
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Hi 

The return rate is in the above standard seller level range.

The cases closed without seller resolution timeline is as follows

Somewhere over 0.4%, I contacted a customers and asked if they were happy with the return and return process and they came back saying yes. I contacted eBay and explained this and they removed one case.

Cases closed without resolution 0.38% as is currently. I contacted another customer and they said they they were happy with the return process and refund ammount. When I contacted eBay they would not remove it because it is over 90 days.

Since being at 0.38% I've had 3 returns, this is not usual for me, I'm not sure why I got 3 in a small period. Anyway, I dealt with them as quickly as possible and paid for the postage on one of them rather than arguing. As soon as I got the items back I inspected them and refunded immediately. 

Now I look through the cases closed without resolution and the 3 cases have not been added because they didn't progress to opening them as cases. So basically it looks like even though I have dealt with the returns as quickly and easily as possible they won't improve my seller rating.

The frustrating thing is some of the buyers start a return because they purchased the wrong item and what they should have purchased is something completely different. But I assume because they don't want a strike on their account for buying items by mistake they mark the items as not as described, which probably affects why they are cases.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

@best.mx.shop wrote:
Maybe instead of being patronising you could spend your energy trying to help people.
Yes I have let some cases go but I am very busy.

How was Tippy being patronising?

If you are so busy maybe you should not be selling on ebay.

Keep on top of the disputes or suffer the consequences.....90 days is a long time to be too busy!

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply