How do I know when an item has been received?

mkgriffith
Community Member

Other than by directly contacting the buyer and asking, how do I know when an item I have sent has been received? Similarly, is there a way I can as a buyer mark an item as received so the seller knows? I have been searching all over for this info for several days and am none the wiser.

I'm sorry if this sounds idiotic - I'm usually quite intelligent 🙂 but this has me stumped.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: How do I know when an item has been received?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes mk, don't go asking for feedback.

If you want to message you can always ask if the buyer

was happy with your service but don't mention leaving feedback.

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

agypsy62
Community Member

Hi, Maybe you are referring to tracking number, once post an item you have tracking number. You enter this for the buyer, you can also access this for your own tracking. Simply press on tracking number, this is linked directly to the website and shows where the item is at that time, whether received or in transit. Tracking cost extra but well worth it, buyer pays, helps both parties.

Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Half your luck agypsy.

It actually worked ages ago, then went to a goofy message that simply asked the buyer to ask the seller for tracking updates, then a week ago it seemed to be working again and now it's goofy message time again.

Why the goofy message to buyer can't read

'Simply copy this tracking number and go to www.auspost.com.au for a tracking update'

is beyond me.

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

As a buyer the quickest way to let a seller know you have received your item and all is well with it is to leave feedback and to email if something is wrong.

As a seller you don't really need to know if an item has arrived, you just need to know if it hasn't. If you don't hear from the buyer within four or five weeks you can pretty well assume that all is good or you would have heard.

Of course if you use click & send then you will be able to see on the AP site if it has been delivered or not. With the red & express satchels you will be abloe to see that it has been delivered to the nearest delivery centre.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

mkgriffith
Community Member

As a buyer I would always leave feedback - to me it is rude not to. I don't know why it's optional (surely people want to know if a seller has a good reputation, not just if they don't???)

I won't ask for feedback, then, but I am disappointed. In this particular case the buyer got a very good item in excellent condition ("as new") and I expected to get positive feedback out of it.

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

boatclock
Community Member

We sent a $3000.00 Antique Clock to the U.S. about 4 months ago. No feedback, no email, no nothing from the buyer. Don't know if it even arrived, or if indeed it was in one piece. I have asked the question of this several times to the buyer, so far with no reply. The buyer did not want to pay for tracking or insurance, so I have no way of checking. So as far as I can see it arrived, it is in one piece, ticking away infront of its happy new owner!

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

As a buyer I would always leave feedback - to me it is rude not to

Why is choosing not to leave feedback rude? A buyer who was a bit disapointed with their purchase but not enough to leave a neg so they leave none would be more inclined to leave a neg if they had to leave feedback. As a seller would you prefer that?

I use ebay to buy and sell things, not to collect and bestow coloured dots on computer screens. I leave feedback as, when and if I want and would probably leave ebay if they tried to compell me to leave feedback.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

mkgriffith
Community Member

Yes, phorum_junkie, I would prefer that.

I think you misunderstand me - I want feedback itself, whatever it happens to be (positive or negative). I want to know how the buyer feels about the purchase.

Feedback is a response. I want a response. I'm not chasing gold stars and whatever status that may bring. I want information, pure and simple.

If the buyer is not happy for any reason I want to know. How else can I become a better seller?

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Are you serious....you want feedback even if it is negative?  Do you realise that too many negatives and you will be unable to sell at all.

If you are talking about this ID i will only take 1-2 negs and you may as well ditch the ID and start again.

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

Feedback is a response. I want a response. I'm not chasing gold stars and whatever status that may bring. I want information, pure and simple.

If the buyer is not happy for any reason I want to know. How else can I become a better seller?

totally agreed.

Message 20 of 26
Latest reply