How do I place a bad report on buyers that bid with no intention of paying

enuj888
Community Member

I seem to be getting a few bidders that win a bid but then have no communication and do not pay.

I want to place a bad rating on their accounts but there is no provision for this.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: How do I place a bad report on buyers that bid with no intention of paying

i just realized that lately , some ebay seller are way to devily smart, say i am selling some manga , i find out all in sudden lately , all my manga listing been SOLD but buyer never paid , click into their profile , only one or two transaction , but i find it more then one of THEM actually buy things from a few same seller.

And then , what shok me was , all these UNPAID buyers are actually having a very similar user name , and their habit is to buy and unpaid , so therefore , they can HOLD my listing for at least 4days and another 2days for problem sloving .

whats in benfit , they can HOLD my listing to avoid compareison to their REAL account of listing. Because my listing is way too much cheaper then their listing , thats totally reduiculous but such a smart way to knock off non-business user like me and i cant do anyting about it , as they dont give a **bleep** to those Buyer account , its fake anyway , they dont care if there are tags from ebay to address them as UNPAID buyer.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

@lingchoisan,

You can require IMMEDIATE PAYMENT to avoid having to wait for the buyer to pay.

From eBay's How Immediate Payment Works help page:

โHow immediate payment works

When immediate payment is required, the item's still available until the buyer has completed payment.

[...]

How to create a listing with immediate payment

To create a listing with immediate payment, simply select both PayPal and Require immediate payment with Buy It Now when you're selecting your payment options in the listing form.โž

By the way, just to correct a detail... if you don't enable immediate payment on your items, the buyer has four days in which to pay before you can open a case by selecting Report Unpaid Item, and the buyer has another four days before you can close the case in the Resolution Centre so that the Final Value Fee will be credited back to you. That is a total of 8 days. If you feel worried about having your manga listings unavailable for sale during that period of time, requiring Immediate Payment is certainly a solution for you.

If you feel that your listing is far too cheap, that is your responsibility. (I'm not trying to be unsympathetic, just factual.) You should increase the price of your manga listings to the minimum that you are willing to accept. This is completely in your hands - it is up to you to set the appropriate price.

If you have any sort of proof that it is a competitor who has "purchased" your manga listing without the intention of actually finalising the purchase, you can report that to eBay as a breach of eBay's Unwelcome and malicious buying policy. From that page:

โMembers are also not allowed to bid on or buy an item to disrupt or to leave negative feedback or detailed seller ratings for the seller, with no intention of completing the transaction.โž

However, if the seller doesn't do this with multiple items of yours, eBay may not consider it unwelcome or malicious buying, but rather a simple case of Unpaid Items. You would need to have sufficient evidence to prove your case.

You are probably best off just ensuring that you require Immediate Payment on your manga items, and ensuring that the price is not too low.

You can block buyers who cause you problems or to whom you don't wish to sell, by adding their names to your Blocked Buyers List.

Also, be aware that if a buyer fails to pay, and you open a case and close it without the buyer paying, that buyer receives an unpaid item strike. Many sellers have set up their Buyer Requirements to block buyers who have 2 or more Unpaid Item strikes, so you can feel some sort of satisfaction in that those buyers who don't pay will probably be blocked by a lot of other sellers. Make sure that your own Buyer Requirements are set up to exclude serial non-payers.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Maybe stop selling at less than market price?

Maybe, as you are supposedly Australian, list your titles in English? If you are after Chinese/Japanese buyers, Australia might not be the best market.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Report an issue with a buyer

"If you're having a problem with a buyer because they're not following our rules, let us know and we'll look into it."

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply