How do I place a bad report on buyers that bid with no intention of paying

enuj888
Community Member

I seem to be getting a few bidders that win a bid but then have no communication and do not pay.

I want to place a bad rating on their accounts but there is no provision for this.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

As said on your post yesterday, eBay does not allow anything but positive feedback to be left for buyers

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Has-anyone-experienced-buyers-that-bid-but-don-t-pay-recent...

The only way to give them a 'bad rating' is to report them for non payment , which if they still don't pay will get a strike against their account

Two or more strikes and they will not be able to buy off sellers with blocks in place

If you leave them a green dot with a bad/neg comment, eBay will remove it and punish you (not to mention all it does is give the fake bidder another plus in their feedback score

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for that, I didn't get your earlier response.

I will follow your advise.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

i just realized that lately , some ebay seller are way to devily smart, say i am selling some manga , i find out all in sudden lately , all my manga listing been SOLD but buyer never paid , click into their profile , only one or two transaction , but i find it more then one of THEM actually buy things from a few same seller.

And then , what shok me was , all these UNPAID buyers are actually having a very similar user name , and their habit is to buy and unpaid , so therefore , they can HOLD my listing for at least 4days and another 2days for problem sloving .

whats in benfit , they can HOLD my listing to avoid compareison to their REAL account of listing. Because my listing is way too much cheaper then their listing , thats totally reduiculous but such a smart way to knock off non-business user like me and i cant do anyting about it , as they dont give a **bleep** to those Buyer account , its fake anyway , they dont care if there are tags from ebay to address them as UNPAID buyer.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Maybe stop selling at less than market price?

Maybe, as you are supposedly Australian, list your titles in English? If you are after Chinese/Japanese buyers, Australia might not be the best market.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Report an issue with a buyer

"If you're having a problem with a buyer because they're not following our rules, let us know and we'll look into it."

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

As said on your post yesterday, eBay does not allow anything but positive feedback to be left for buyers

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Has-anyone-experienced-buyers-that-bid-but-don-t-pay-recent...

The only way to give them a 'bad rating' is to report them for non payment , which if they still don't pay will get a strike against their account

Two or more strikes and they will not be able to buy off sellers with blocks in place

If you leave them a green dot with a bad/neg comment, eBay will remove it and punish you (not to mention all it does is give the fake bidder another plus in their feedback score

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for that, I didn't get your earlier response.

I will follow your advise.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

If they still don't pay, don't forget to close the dispute after the time is up (you need to wait at least 4 days,to the minute from the time you open it until you can close it) so that they get a strike and you get your selling fee back

There's other replies on your orignal thread (I included the link) too

Even if you have notifications turned on, they don't alway alert you/the poster to replies so good to check the forum for any answers 

Good luck

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I'd go here: https://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences and set  "Buyers with Unpaid Item strikes" to 2 within 6 months (or even 12 months). That'll weed out a lot. 

Ignore the one that says  "Buyers with a negative feedback score", though - as eBay doesn't allow sellers to leave negative feedback, it's nonsensical. There's no such thing... Most of my recent non-payers have been zero feedback buyers - naturally, eBay doesn't give you a way to screen them out...

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

@whiznumber6 wrote:

I'd go here: https://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences and set  "Buyers with Unpaid Item strikes" to 2 within 6 months (or even 12 months). That'll weed out a lot. 

Ignore the one that says  "Buyers with a negative feedback score", though - as eBay doesn't allow sellers to leave negative feedback, it's nonsensical. There's no such thing... Most of my recent non-payers have been zero feedback buyers - naturally, eBay doesn't give you a way to screen them out...

The only way buyers can have a negative feedback score is if they are REALLY bad sellers!

Setting the unpaid one to 2 strikes in 12 months is the strictest and I advocate that setting to be the best one.

I hate eBay for removing the block for people with low or 0 feedback where they haven't been verified. That weeded out the guest accounts who didn't care if they paid or not. They would just buy as a guest next time, which would generate a new ID. 

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

I changed my settings to block buyers with 2 unpaid items in 6 months and STILL in the past 2 weeks I've had 2 items bought but not paid for. No responses to my messages or ebay's. Ridiculous. Both had good feedback otherwise.
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

@kitty-kat-kollection wrote:
I changed my settings to block buyers with 2 unpaid items in 6 months and STILL in the past 2 weeks I've had 2 items bought but not paid for. No responses to my messages or ebay's. Ridiculous. Both had good feedback otherwise.

But you can't see their unpaid item strikes and they are going to have one, aren't they, after not paying you!Smiley Happy

And is it possible to change your setting to 2 unpaid items in 12 months? That is a broader setting and might catch a few more people out.

Even with positive feedback, you can't really know anyone's full history as a buyer. You won't know how many sellers declined to give any feedback at all or how many unpaid strikes there have been in the past. That's why, if you can set it to 12 months, it might help a bit.

But the only system that might work 100% (for payment, at least) is immediate payment required.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

2 in 12 months is definitely better because it means they have to wait a long time before those two drop off and they can again buy from sellers who have their blocks in place.

Before ebay changed me to immediate payment I'd give people at least a week to pay as a lot did take about that long. I hated immediate payment when it was forced on me but I did grow to like it as I never had to wonder when or whether I'd get paid. Once I changed to capped postage things were even better as I no longer waste time refunding excess postage or pay fees on it.
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Ahhh, yes! Thank you! I will change it to 12 months.
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply