How do I reduce the weight of the item I am selling even when the auction is live?

brendmoyni
Community Member

Hi there,

I am selling a shirt and the weight is a 1kg but should be 50g. When I try and edit the listng, I cannot edit the size and eight of teh item. Is there anything I can do, Reducing it from 1kg to 50g but improve teh postage fees which is why buyers are telling me that they do not want to spend execessively on postage?

Any advice? Thanks!

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

How do I reduce the weight of the item I am selling even when the auction is live?

brendmoyni
Community Member

I meant 500g - my bad

Thank

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

You have bids.

You cannot change the listing after you get bids.

You can adjust the postage on the invoice for the winning bidder

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

As your item has bids on it you are unable to edit the item

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Thank you. But I am right in saying I can mend the postge fees once the auction is up? I have ut a note on my ad saying that I will ensure that ostage fees reflect a 500g parcel and not 1kg. Thanks
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

@brendmoyni wrote:
Thank you. But I am right in saying I can mend the postge fees once the auction is up? I have ut a note on my ad saying that I will ensure that ostage fees reflect a 500g parcel and not 1kg. Thanks

Yes - you can change the postage amount on the invoice.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

You can reduce the postage on the invoice, but you can't increase it.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Just replying to pennyforum14's comment re: not being able to increase postage cost on an invoice. I'm not 100% sure but 

I think that it is possible to increase postage if needed. For example, you could just delete the current postage cost setting and add a new one with the new cost.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Perhaps I should have said SHOULD NOT, rather than cannot.  It is possible, but not ethical.  If you quote less postage than it costs you to send, and it is not corrected before the sale is final, you should honour the quoted price.  The buyer should not be expected to pay more because of the seller's error.  

Cheers,

Penny
Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

thanks all - super helpful

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply