How do I reduce the weight of the item I am selling even when the auction is live?

brendmoyni
Community Member

Hi there,

I am selling a shirt and the weight is a 1kg but should be 50g. When I try and edit the listng, I cannot edit the size and eight of teh item. Is there anything I can do, Reducing it from 1kg to 50g but improve teh postage fees which is why buyers are telling me that they do not want to spend execessively on postage?

Any advice? Thanks!

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

How do I reduce the weight of the item I am selling even when the auction is live?

Maybe I misread the context of your previous post but I never said a word about being unethical or trying to scam a buyer. I was simply saying exactly what my post said. Nothing more and nothing less.

There are more reasons than unethical ones as to why postage can be increased. It can be easy to jump to conclusions.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

It's actually against eBay policy to charge more for postage than what is advertised. You can reduce the price, but you're breaking the rules if you increase it.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

I recently bid on an item weighing around eighty KG. The listing had postage cost of  $19.90. I thought at the time that that was pretty optimistic and probably a mistake.

I won the item and seller messaged to say he had listed it as local pick-up only and glitchy ebay had inserted post cost from a previous item he had listed. ( I,ve had this happen and noticed the mistake in time to ammend listing. ) With the recent glitches with ebay this may well have happened and seemed the logical explanation. I agreed to seller organising a courier and paid the $130 courier costs. I wanted the item and got it very cheap anyway. This was a much better result than the seller canceling the sale or just refusing to send the item. Sometimes it just pays to be reasonable and work out a deal that suits everyone. Especially when a fairly new seller has obviously made a mistake or ebay glitches have caused problems with a listing.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Really good outcome for that auction too

Congratulations

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

If it was for the rugby shirt I would have left the postage charge as it was, for under 500g that would cost $7.45 regular parcel plus I would have added SOD and insurance x 2 as it was over $100. The original postage would have been about right.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

If I have a book a little over the weight required for cheaper postage, I bake it as that takes out the moisture as books absorb moisture from the air. you don't want to set the thing on flames or burn it though lolSmiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

jbmbkb
Community Member

you could end the item saying there was an error in the listing and cancel all bids then relist it with the correct postage.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply