How do I send a second chance offer? My buyer didn't pay and I wish to contact the previous bidder

chine5
Community Member
Is it possible to contact the next bidder in line if your buyer doesn't pay? Is that the idea of a second chance offer? How does it work?
Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I send a second chance offer? My buyer didn't pay and I wish to contact the previous bidd

first you need to close off the 1st sale.  you say buyer didnt pay, after 4 days did you open a dispute for non payment, and then close it 4 days later? that gets your fvf back, and frees up the item to offer to the underbidder.

to do that you just click Second Change offer on the drop down menu next to the item and follow prompts.  Remember the 2nd chancer does not have to accept your offer,

do not make any offers until the 1st sale is closed off.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: How do I send a second chance offer? My buyer didn't pay and I wish to contact the previous bidd

first you need to close off the 1st sale.  you say buyer didnt pay, after 4 days did you open a dispute for non payment, and then close it 4 days later? that gets your fvf back, and frees up the item to offer to the underbidder.

to do that you just click Second Change offer on the drop down menu next to the item and follow prompts.  Remember the 2nd chancer does not have to accept your offer,

do not make any offers until the 1st sale is closed off.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Great, thanks. I couldn't see the 'second chance offer' option, is this because the first sale isn't closed off then? Or possibly because I'm using the app? I haven't opened a dispute yet, but I will. It's very frustrating when non-payment occurs - I just don't understand it! I've never tried the second chance option, but I'll do it after the dispute is closed. Thanks for your help.
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply