How do they do it?

Despite setting up seller preferences to prevent zero feedback buyers, and buyers with strikes, I had another item purchased this morning, by a buyer who only set up their account today!

Is there indeed a way for buyers to get around these measures, or are they just totally ineffective?

Ah well, hopefully he's legit, but I guess time will tell...

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: How do they do it?

Easy. 13 years ago, there were nowhere near the amount of timewasters that we have now. Buyers and/or sellers.

Mind you, further developments have arisen since I posted this morning. Check out the thread "seller won't supply direct debit details" thread in the 'buying' forums and 'Just how low can you go?' thread in the C&S forums for further info.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: How do they do it?

I guess it is the age old story - once bitten etc, but we all had to start with 0 feedback, just a shame that another age old story - the few wrong'uns spoil it for everyone has put a lot of sellers on guard.

I certainly understand it, and most definately have my blocks in place, but so feel for the genuine first timer, must be a lousy feeling when you are as honest as the day is long, yet realise others do not trust you through no fault of your own.

Same for new sellers, it is hard to build a rep when a lot of buyers steer clear of low fb sellers, the nature of the beast I guess.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply