How do they do it?

Despite setting up seller preferences to prevent zero feedback buyers, and buyers with strikes, I had another item purchased this morning, by a buyer who only set up their account today!

Is there indeed a way for buyers to get around these measures, or are they just totally ineffective?

Ah well, hopefully he's legit, but I guess time will tell...

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How do they do it?

According to eBays limp blocking system - zero feedbackers can purchase if they are phone verified 

OR

"Buyers who haven't gone through phone verification. If buyers have registered with PayPal or have a credit card on file, they'll still be able to bid on or buy your items"

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

How do they do it?

According to eBays limp blocking system - zero feedbackers can purchase if they are phone verified 

OR

"Buyers who haven't gone through phone verification. If buyers have registered with PayPal or have a credit card on file, they'll still be able to bid on or buy your items"

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

How do they do it?

Bleeping ebay! No wonder so many have had a gutful.

Zero feedback buyers. More than likely, another time and energy waster.

I hope for once I'm wrong, but given the same was happened 5 times prior to Christmas, with similar buyers, and all resulted in NPB disputes, I'm not too hopeful...

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

How do they do it?

I think that there should be a seller option to select immediate payment required for low feedbackers. 

I know we all have to start from somewhere, but its just too easy for serial non payers to create new eBay accounts and sellers should be able to put in a measure to protect them from these pests.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

How do they do it?

@thecatspjs wrote:

I think that there should be a seller option to select immediate payment required for low feedbackers. 

I know we all have to start from somewhere, but its just too easy for serial non payers to create new eBay accounts and sellers should be able to put in a measure to protect them from these pests.

All true...but what would that do to their 'buying experience'?

Can't have the buyers inconvenienced in any way!

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

How do they do it?

I was recently contacted by a buyer who couldn't purchase from me as she had zero feedback and only a mobile phone contact.(my settings didn't allow this)     It was a very nice email, which explained her situation, , so I trusted her and placed her on the 'non blocked buyer' list (or whatever it's called 🙂

She had told me the item she was interested in ....placed a bid, .... then contacted me and thanked me for my help..   The item has since been purchased and paid for by her.

I was a bit dubious, as I've been caught before.

How nice is it when buyers have the courtesy to explain their situation ?

Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

How do they do it?

@dotm2004 wrote:

I was recently contacted by a buyer who couldn't purchase from me as she had zero feedback and only a mobile phone contact.(my settings didn't allow this)     It was a very nice email, which explained her situation, , so I trusted her and placed her on the 'non blocked buyer' list (or whatever it's called 🙂

She had told me the item she was interested in ....placed a bid, .... then contacted me and thanked me for my help..   The item has since been purchased and paid for by her.

I was a bit dubious, as I've been caught before.

How nice is it when buyers have the courtesy to explain their situation ?

Smiley Happy

Wouldn't it be nice? Yep!

But sadly...

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

How do they do it?

I have as much, if not more of a problem with experienced ebayers who don't pay than I do with newly registered buyers.

My buyers requirement activity log has lots of bidders blocked with feedback in the hundreds and one bidder has been blocked who is close on 20000 feedback. To be blocked means they all have a minimum of two strikes.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

How do they do it?

I have noticed a rise in this sort of thing over the last 5 to 6 weeks. Not sure if it's Opposition or "Ebay Vandals" (Kids with nothing better to over the School Hols). But I too agree that the current System doesn't work & only encourages it.

As I've said many times in the past - Walk into ant Shop in the REAL world & ask for Credit - See what the answer is.

Yes we all have to start somewhere & in my Business especially I see a lot newbies, young & old, with no Feedback who are quite genuine & just starting out in the Hobby. BUT.... I see no reason why there is a need for FOUR days to pay.....The simple thing is that Buyers either have the money or they don't. So requiring immediate payment is NOT an unreasonable request.

This crazy System of having to wait 4 days before being able open an NPD, then another 4 days to close it is completely ridiculous!!!

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

How do they do it?

@evil_akuma_2002 wrote:

@thecatspjs wrote:

All true...but what would that do to their 'buying experience'?

Can't have the buyers inconvenienced in any way!

What was your very first buying experience on ebay like. Akuma?

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply