How do you deal with lost eBay printed AusPost parcels? Need info. Thanks.

Hi guys, 

could you please help me with information from your own experience first hand regarding search/postage refund when dealing with eBay printed postage label for Regular AusPost parcels.

The case is -

1. The parcel label was printed/paid via eBay and posted at AusPost outlet (proof of postage receipt obtained).

2. Parcel doesn't show the scan on delivery, only acceptance and transit scans.

3. Parcel is way overdue.

The question is -

How should I proceed with search and postage refund?

I can lodge search for the parcel via AusPost, no problem, as I have proof of postage receipt.

In case the parcel is proven "lost in transit" , who is handling refund process for postage costs?

From my personal experience, for AusPost to be able to refund me postage costs and possible contents compensation, I need to produce receipt with postage costs clearly stated. The problem is - eBay doesn't produce such receipt. So, comes the question -  how the process of postage refund handled and by whom? I asked this question via eBay support, but they are clueless. 

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: How do you deal with lost eBay printed AusPost parcels? Need info. Thanks.

Or if the ebay postage is old enough - you can go into MANAGE POSTAGE LABELS and print a tax receipt from the drop down menu against the tracking number.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks, curraone, I'll save the email from eBay as well.

In answer to your question - no, the Buyer hasn't contacted me yet. I'm just panicking on my own for now.

I never had this happened with the parcels that go through eBay. I had pre-paid trackable satchels from AusPost and used them until I ran out and then used eBay and here is the result. 

I'm not going to give the Buyer "ideas", I'll wait if they contact me regarding non-receipt. Then I'll go after AusPost.

I had some unfortunate cases when Buyers claimed "non-receipt" with direct  AusPost parcels in the past but  in 50% of cases AusPost was able to prove that the items were delivered (statements from the delivery guys or late online scan load).

So with this case - it's just for my personal peace of mind that I'll be able to get a refund from AusPost if the problem arises.

Thank you heaps again for your input! 

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

In that case I would not worry too much -   nine times out of ten the buyer has received their parcel and is perfectly happy.  

Sometimes they just don't get scanned at delivery.

Let us know what happens -  maybe the buyer will give feedback (and then you KNOW he got it Smiley Happy)   

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Yep, absolutely. I'll be staying put for now, will see how it goes. 

The strange thing these days is that feedback is quite rare. More than half of the Buyers don't even bother with that (and I'm not bothering them either, same thing - "ideas, ideas"). Sometimes people leave feedback almost a month later... I guess it's just that eBay email "don't forget to leave feedback for your items" that prompts it. They'd rather not stick their beaks in, but do they ever listen to us? Duh.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

I rarely check the tracking unless a buyer contacts me to say an item hasn't arrived but from what a lot of other members have posted parcels do not show as delivered even after they have been accepted and feedback left by the buyer so I would just forget about it until and unless the buyer asks where their parcel is.

For the very rare missing parcel I have I usually ask the buyer to wait another 5 business days and if it still has not arrived I will get on to AP and ask them to start an investigation and hope that should AP contact them they will confirm they have not received the parcel. This can sometimes lead to the parcel mysteriously appearing next door or somewhere else LOL.

If the buyer still says it has not arrived and the tracking still shows undelivered then I refund the buyer regardless of the fact I may win a Paypal dispute.

I then argue it out with AP, for a cheap item under ten bucks I am happy to get back just the postage, between $10 and $50 I will be a squeaky wheel and keep asking for compensation, often you can wear them down so they pay up. For anything over £50 it is sent SOD so compo is relatively easy to get.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply