How exactly is one qualified for power seller

OK, Have well over 100 transactions, well over required ammount,100% positive feedback and extremely good ratings(4.9+ all through) but under 100 feedback due to lazy/incosiderate buyers.

Do I qualify or not?

Am I just jumping the gun and will be granted power seller status once reviewed later this month?

Concerned because it just gives my projection as being "above standard"

when obviously I should be above this...

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: How exactly is one qualified for power seller

This sounds like those dodgy phone and camera sellers (amongst others) who supposidly open the sealed box to 'test it to make sure it works'. If I'm buying something in a sealed box, I want it delivered in a sealed box. I don't want it removed for 'testing'. I bought a digital camera years ago in the early days of digital cameras and interestingly, the camera had photos of not only the store I bought it from, but photos of someone's kids in the bath! Those particular cameras didn't have shrink wrapped plastic around them, they just came in a box, so clearly it had been bought and returned. It got returned a second time too....by me and I also spoke to the manager of the store. If I'd bought that on eBay, it would've been an immediate red dot.

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

Very few items we sell are "sealed"in the way you describe,if they are they wont be opened.We sell fishing tackle not electronics! All high end fishing tackle is opened by the distributer anyway so they can inspect it and add the Australian warranty card.We also have to put our store stamp on said warranty card, so it is infact IMPOSSIBLE for us to ship an item without opening it, so we may as well inspect and item so when a customer gets it ,it's %100.Don't understand how you can see this practice as "dodgy"...

Would you preffer to recieve an item that has a defect, then YOU have to pay to ship it back for a replacement?

Pretty silly...

We are a retail bricks and mortar store trading for over 20 years, not some backyard importer...

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

@*crikey*mate* wrote:

If I buy say a product from a store and it doesn't function or has other problems etc detected in the first month or two, there is no way I'd go to the manufacturer! I'd go back to the store that sold the item to me! It's their job at that stage to deal with the manufacturer!

Purchasing from the store offcourse you would go back to them.

I did not say we dont accept returns after X ammount of time.

Makes more sense (especially if the customer is interstate or country, which most are or they would just come to our store...) to go to a local dealer to get warranty service than paying shipping...

All the stuff we sell is locally purchased so all has local warranty, you can go to ANY dealer and recieve warranty.

How many posting in here actually work in retail?

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

I sell food and in a round about way, fridges (and freezers too from July)

does that count?

(not a restaurant)

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

I help cut up people for a living. Some have to pay for the service, I guess that could almost be classed as retail.

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

@northside_angler wrote:

How many posting in here actually work in retail?

I have a mid-level store on eBay, I consider that retail, though having worked as a checkout operator / customer service rep in a couple of B&Ms I know there's some differences, but I got that under my belt as well.

I hope I didn't come across as having a go at you or your general practices, I'm not calling into question your experience, I was more intending to point out that anything posted here contributes to your public image in the same way talking to collegues in a shop while customers are present can, and that at the end of the day, it's probably going to make things a lot easier if any standards you set for yourself regarding voluntary actions (such as feedback), remain exclusively standards you set for yourself. 😉 

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply