How greedy are Ebay?

Is it new that anything posted in records over $100 has a listing price of $3.50 while under $100 is $1.50. I cannot believe how much contempt ebay shows for the very reason that buyers visit, us sellers. We have seen an overall increase in listing fees, postage now included in those listing fees and paypal added to all the fun. They hold me captive and as soon as there is a comparable market place I will be gone

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: How greedy are Ebay?

@davidc4430 wrote:

i hope the pizza was removed first, or if not it was your favorite one.

Yes, the pizza was removed first but the antique plate cost me a rebuke from Customs becaue there were obvious food stains in the box.

The records came from Tasmania so no Customs problems.Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I use very sturdy cardboard and sandwhich the record between two pices. In over 15 years I have had probably two that were abused by the postie so broken on delivery. Though that is the postie's clumsiness by trying to bend something quite rigid, I do refund for the damage.For international LP's i use cardboard and a bubble mailer and for 45's a tough envelope with cardboard.

You may be able to salvage the records if they have not been exposed to the sun. Water will wreck covers but if labale and record are OK then people like me (collectors who have a large number of covers without records or who have stuffed records) would be interested.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

"I too haven't paid a listing fee for years, can't think why anyone would unless they were sure they could add that much more to an item price and still have it sell.  

If you want more than 40 listings a month create another ebay account and then you will have 80 a month free."

I have 3288 items listed are you seriously suggesting that I should open 165 eBay accounts. 

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

Not at all because 82 accounts should do itWoman Happy

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

You could try etsy if the records are 20yrs and older. 20c (US) listing fee for 90 days and something like 3.9% final value fee. It works for me with what I sell at TassieVintage. Each month when I get my ebay invoice, I get cranky and I transfer a few more items over to etsy!! Ebay will loose me eventually. 

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

What about the other E site,no listing fees and only 3% selling fees.

Plus you can pay a one time low fee and then it's all free (no fees) for life.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply