How long do I give a buyer to pay for the auction they won?

It will be a week tomorrow since the auction ended, and I've noticed in their feedback another seller put in positive feedback saying "Still waiting for payment"  So I'm not feeling overly confident about this sale.  How long do I give this buyer before offering it to the next bidder ?  Thanks

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

lodge a non-payment claim now, then you will still have to wait 4 days beyond that before you can re-list (unless they pay)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

As mentioned, open up a non payer dispute immediately. Then, no sooner than exactly 4 days later (to the second), close the dispute to give the buyer a well earned strike, and you get your fees back. Don't be tempted to leave a false positive feedback. It's a violation and could see you get in strife if the buyer reports you. Given the high bidder only has 5 feedback, and a seller has already left a false positive, it sounds like they are playing games. Be sure to add them to your blocked buyer list, so they can't do it again.

As for the next bidder, you could offer, but by now, they have probably lost interest. You could try sending them a message saying the high bidder is looking like not wanting to buy it, so if they are still interested, you can let them know once it becomes available again in 4 days. If they agree, then you can offer them a second chance. That way they pay the high offer they bid.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

lodge a non-payment claim now, then you will still have to wait 4 days beyond that before you can re-list (unless they pay)
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

As mentioned, open up a non payer dispute immediately. Then, no sooner than exactly 4 days later (to the second), close the dispute to give the buyer a well earned strike, and you get your fees back. Don't be tempted to leave a false positive feedback. It's a violation and could see you get in strife if the buyer reports you. Given the high bidder only has 5 feedback, and a seller has already left a false positive, it sounds like they are playing games. Be sure to add them to your blocked buyer list, so they can't do it again.

As for the next bidder, you could offer, but by now, they have probably lost interest. You could try sending them a message saying the high bidder is looking like not wanting to buy it, so if they are still interested, you can let them know once it becomes available again in 4 days. If they agree, then you can offer them a second chance. That way they pay the high offer they bid.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Thank you so much for the information.  It has been many years since I have sold things on ebay and their system does seem to have changed quite a bit in that time.  I appreciate your help.  🙂

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply