How long normaly does a bank deposit take to show up in your account

i seem to be having problems with a buyer 2 weeks ago they purchased 3 items from me  , i had emailed them and asked  if they still wanted them after  5 gays , i waited for 3 days no reply, so last thursday i opened up a non payer dispute and on friday i got an email from them stating they had been away said how they had forgot their paypal password ect. and would be home and pay that night, well no payment then on sunday  they  have marked payment as sent through bank  deposit. well i checked my account this morning and nothing.

so how long is normal for a bank deposit to show or are they  just mucking me around.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: How long normaly does a bank deposit take to show up in your account

Because the seller dragged the dispute onto the boards. I would never post here about issues with a buyer.

And the seller has the money, the buyer has no resort if the seller is a shonk, and if I was the buyer, albeit I would have communicated, I would be appalled that the seller felt the need to publicly humiliate me.

Enough reasons, skippy? I have a few others if you're interested.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Enough reasons, skippy? I have a few others if you're interested”.

And this is the kind of attitude which has forced so many small sellers to stop selling here and why so few now come here to seek advice.

The seller offers PayPal as a payment option.

The seller waited 5 days before initiating their first enquiry as to where was the payment.

The seller then waited a further 3 days, and then, after having received no reply, initiated the eBay non payer process.

The buyer responded by saying they were having problems with their PayPal account, and therefore would pay by bank direct debit on he Sunday.

The seller then waited a further 3 days before posting their question; how long does it take for a direct deposit to be processed?

And just for completeness sake, nowhere is there any indication that the seller induced the buyer to pay by direct debit instead of PayPal.  Nor at any point did the seller name the buyer.

So how do you, on the basis of the facts individual to this case justify your comments such as:

“So after 2 whole days the payment appeared and the buyer has no protection and is relying on your honesty to send the item”, which can only be construes as imputing the honesty of this seller without one shred of evidence in support.

“You are at no risk of a Paypal dispute, no risk of a CC chargeback, no risk at all” which again assumes this seller will do nothing to assist the buyer if something goes wrong, without a single shred of evidence in support.

“So post it and hope the buyer doesn't come here, as that would likely result in a neg” which can only be construed to mean this sellers conduct to date has been so bad as to warrant negative feedback.

“Because the seller dragged the dispute onto the boards. I would never post here about issues with a buyer”, which can only mean that you believe if a seller has a question such as ‘how long does it take for a bank transfer to completed’, or ‘how long should I wait before lodging a non paying bidder dispute’ these are not issues that sellers should seek advice on these boards.

“And the seller has the money, the buyer has no resort if the seller is a shonk, and if I was the buyer, albeit I would have communicated, I would be appalled that the seller felt the need to publicly humiliate me” which not only again imputes the honesty of this seller without a single shred of proof in support, but also, though the buyer has not been named, assumes they have, in some way, have been unjustly shamed.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

As you well know, it is easy to find out who a seller has sold to.

All the OP had to do was ask, if they were unsure of standard banking times, how long it took for a bank payment to clear. The history of the transaction was and is irrelevant.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

10 years ago, i hope this guy has died, what a douche

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Your 1st post certainly takes the cake.  This was well sorted before you even joined.

Dead threads should stay dead. 

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply