How nice of ebay

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for consistently delivering exceptional service to your buyers. We're here to provide you a marketplace where you can sell with confidence. That's why we've taken the following steps during the past month to protect your account:

• Upgraded 77 of your detailed seller rating(s) to five stars

We've already updated your seller dashboard to reflect these changes, which are for transactions made during the past year. When we remove transaction defects, your transaction defect rate may not go down if you had transactions that received more than one defect.

What a load of garbage.....No doubt the scammers that flood the australian site got the same thing enabling them to continue selling......It really does seem like ebay is protecting some now......I think I am going to be sick.....I want all my given ratings or nothing at all.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: How nice of ebay

Penny

Re: If you have a 1 day turnaround and upload tracking numbers within this time, the buyer doesn't get to rate you on Postage time.

I got a defect when I had posted and added the tracking number within 24 hours of receiving a payment, but the buyer gave me low DSRs for postage time. It took many phone calls and emails to have it removed. So I don't think it is automatic that buyers cannot rate you on postage time.

Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

penny: if you have a 1 day turnaround and upload tracking numbers within this time, the buyer doesn't get to rate you on Postage time.

What I am wondering about that is -  does the post within 1 day start from the time the item is sold, or the time the buyer pays for the item?

If buyer doesn't pay till day 2 or 3, then you can't upload tracking numbers within 1 day of sale. I wouldn't create an online postage label until the buyer pays (incase they don't).

Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

Am I missing something, or what? I received a similar email from eBay this morning which says that they have:

• Removed 3 transaction defect(s) from your seller dashboard
  • Upgraded 1 of your detailed seller rating(s) to five stars

Yet ever since this defect business first started, I've only ever accrued 2 defects and they still appear on my Seller's Dashboard. I must be incredibly thick or something because I have no bloody idea what they're talking about. Can some kind soul put me out of my misery and try explaining to me in words of one syllable exactly what the hell they mean? Smiley Frustrated

Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

I'm just going by what I read in the Seller Protection area.

We'll automatically award you 5-star DSRs in the following categories, when:

• Postage and handling charges: You offer free postage, the buyer chose that option and left you Feedback.
  • Communication:
    • You offer 0-1 business day handling time and upload valid tracking information within one business day;
    • At the time the buyer leaves Feedback, there are no communications initiated in eBay Messages* and no pending eBay Money Back Guarantee or PayPal Purchase Protection cases; and
    • There haven't been any requests for contact information between you and the buyer.

*Best Offers, Second Chance Offers, invoices and invoice requests don't affect automatic 5-star eligibility, even if they contain messages added by the buyer or seller.

We'll automatically remove low (1-star) DSRs for Postage time when you offer 0-1 business day handling time and upload valid postage tracking information within one business day of receiving cleared payment.

We'll automatically remove transaction defects and related Feedback in situations where the transaction problem was not your fault, as outlined in our Defect removal policy. You may request the removal of these types of defects and related Feedback if they aren't automatically removed.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

so that is what people are given, what is the upgrade?

Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

@pennyforum14 wrote:

If you have a transaction that went throught without any direct communication between buyer and seller, the buyer doesn't get to rate you on communication.

Is this new? I've had transactions where the seller and I never messaged each other and I've had the ablity to rate on their communication.

Message 16 of 29
Latest reply

All I can say is that my experience certainly didn't match what their policy states. Perhaps the fact that the buyer took 4 days to pay negated the policy? although this is addressed in the phrase I have bolded below.

@pennyforum14 wrote:

I'm just going by what I read in the Seller Protection area.

We'll automatically award you 5-star DSRs in the following categories, when:

• Postage and handling charges: You offer free postage, the buyer chose that option and left you Feedback.
  • Communication:
    • You offer 0-1 business day handling time and upload valid tracking information within one business day;
    • At the time the buyer leaves Feedback, there are no communications initiated in eBay Messages* and no pending eBay Money Back Guarantee or PayPal Purchase Protection cases; and
    • There haven't been any requests for contact information between you and the buyer.

*Best Offers, Second Chance Offers, invoices and invoice requests don't affect automatic 5-star eligibility, even if they contain messages added by the buyer or seller.

We'll automatically remove low (1-star) DSRs for Postage time when you offer 0-1 business day handling time and upload valid postage tracking information within one business day of receiving cleared payment.

We'll automatically remove transaction defects and related Feedback in situations where the transaction problem was not your fault, as outlined in our Defect removal policy. You may request the removal of these types of defects and related Feedback if they aren't automatically removed.

Message 17 of 29
Latest reply

Hi Dylan,

I was the luck recipient of one of these lovely letters today too. I understand your nausea. Especially seeing I've closed my shop and taken all of my listings down because I can't trust eBay to look after me; nor do I wish to expose myself to their defective defect system. Are eBay stupid or what???

They actually took credit for taking away a defect that was left by a very nasty buyer who left an Item Not As Described low rating after she had not paid for the item nor had she ever received it!!! It took me about 6 emails to get the unfair low rating taken down. Wow! How efficient are they???

Then they claim to have taken two low ratings that were unfairly left by another buyer who gave me some of the most glowing feedback I've ever had. Thanks for doing that eBay. Funny thing though the numbers are still the same even though I have not had anymore sales since Woman LOL

When will eBay ever realise that their DSRs are what's defective and not the seller who tries to do his/her best to deal honestly with buyers while, at the same time, having to cope with this defective system.

Get real eBay. Stop insulting a person's intelligence Woman Tongue

Message 18 of 29
Latest reply

Penny,

I received a Postage Time low rating following a long weekend. I had a Same Day postage policy but that meant nothing to the buyer. All she could see was that she purchased on the Friday and the parcel was not posted until Tuesday. We do not have Saturday postal services where I live. I emailed the buyer and explained this to her but it made no difference. It seems that when she was faced with the chore of rating my performance she went ahead and gave me a low rating. Why? Because she could.

The only rating I have ever seen closed for comment is for postage costs on Free Postage listings. Something tells me that if buyers could leave a rating on that category some would leave a low rating just because the can.

There is no way eBay protect sellers by removing low ratings. Just get an unfair one and try to have eBay remove it! They don't care!

Good luck Woman Sad

Message 19 of 29
Latest reply

They lie! I think you might understand this 🙂

Message 20 of 29
Latest reply