How to Report Issues and get Ebay to actually listen?

Hey there, I have noticed a problem with auction listings. 

Under best match they are usually in time ending soonest, consecutive order.  But in some categories this isn't working.  All the listings appear to be in consecutive order unless you go the last page of the category, where you will find some auctions tacked on with significantly less than 9 days to go. It doesn't seem to be related to DSR's or feedback.

Check it out for yourself: Jewellery and Watches >> Childrens Jewellery >> Select Best Match >> Select Auctions Only >> Go to last page (currently page 6 / 7).

Do these sellers realise they are on the last page even though they are in the last hour of their auction?
I thought having an auction was a way to get your stuff noticed regardless of best match.

I have contacted ebay via live help and email (I have problems with my phone so can't ring) and all they tell me is best match is a secret formula blah blah. So how can I report this and have it taken seriously?  What does it take for ebay to actually notice or admit there is a technical problem? 

The responses I have had are laughable.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Best match is pertaining to the words you have used for the search combined with your account (recent searches) and some other ingredients.

However that's just a default search criteria. Go to your drop down above right and select ending soonest, lowest price etc.

This you can save to searches by selecting customize view and save whichever preference you may prefer.

Hope that's what you were looking for. 🙂

image host
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Hi ... No, I understand best match.  That wasn't the issue at all.

Did you check out the category I suggested? Auctions under best match (on an open, general browse with no search terms) are meant to be time ending soonest.
But there are listings tacked onto the last pages with only hours to go .. these listings should be on the front page in order, like the rest of them.

On my real id I am a powerseller with a fair amount of ebay experience.  The category I chose isn't one of mine but there are a fair few categories affected. I just chose one that didn't have too many pages so the last page was easy to get to.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Went to jew n watches, children jew, 12 items appear with 9 in international. Best match is default but the item ending soonest at 36 mins is at the top?

image host
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Sorry you said no search terms, will try again.

image host
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Whilst some auctions ending soon might make it to the top of searches it is not always necessarily so.

IMO there has never been any consistency or "logical order" to best match.

Oh sorry ... should say that best match is actually consistent in failing to order listings in any type of order that is of assistance to my buying.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

349 appear, best match is default and most appear to be ending soonest with the last page having listings appearing after the 10 days listings.

The last page of listings seem to be odds and ends with expensive postage, from China and perhaps some also depend on the selections made within the listing whether it gets priority or not.

I see what you mean. Many have said on the boards that Best Match is sometimes a bit of a mystery.

In my opinion, once a member selects the search appearance criteria it should stay as the default like it did before the new upgrades.

image host
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Laughable as best match for me usually shows me something in HONG KONG or China, nothing near home or even in the same state !!! It is a joke.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

why anyone (who knows about Best Match) would choose to search that way is a mystery.

if you KNOW about Best Match, then just switch to Ending Soonest or whatever and dont try to work out the unworkable

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Best ( Worst ) match is rubbish !

TCT
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply