How to bulk edit postage times in listings - please help

I will be going overseas for a couple of weekis in mid March and would like to add a line in my descriptions advising of this. I have many listings and would like to add the line to all of them in bulk. I wouldn't be replacing anything so add/replace wouldn't work.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If you could do it, which I believe you can, it would not be advisable.

Either end your items (recommended) or change your handling time. If you extend your handling time, you will still get negs or marked down on postage time by the vast majority who don't read descriptions.

Assuming you get the weekend freebies, I would end them and relist on the first weekend back. Or over 2 months if you only get the standard 40.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I certainly would not take the risk, it's just not worth it

As mentioned, many,many people don't read the item description (some not at all) and others think they will get specail treatment and you'll send the item anyways

Then of course , even though there are ones that do read you are away, they will still mark you down on postage and/or leave neg feedback anyway, just because they can

And even if you do get 100% of buyers who do read your listing(s) and who are patient and who don't mind the wait, eBay may still whip you anyway 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

What you both suggests makes sense. I have two auction sites and, due to the fact that my auctions run for 63 days (9 listings by 7 days) I tend to have around 200 auctions running at the same time. Is it possible to end listings in bulk and then relist them in bulk?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Yes.

Select all of them from 'active' and click 'end' at the top of the page.

Select all of them from 'ended' and click 'relist' at the top of the page.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Maybe consider putting your shops on "holiday" mode?

Might be the safest way to go.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Holiday mode is only available to stores.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply