How to deal with buyer not giving feedback?

Just wondering why do some buyers not give feedback well after the item is delivered and after you gave good feedback? Also without being annoying how do i get them to give feedback when they haven't already?
Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

the best option is to do nothing. 

buyers don't have to leave feedback and a large percentage, if not a majority don't leave feedback at all. 

if you contact them, you're more inclined to get feedback which isn't what you expect - because they might not have been 100% satisfied and giving them a nudge might just be enough for them to leave you a neutral or negative. 

at the end of the day - just keep doing what you're doing. you sell to get money, not feedback :] 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

the best option is to do nothing. 

buyers don't have to leave feedback and a large percentage, if not a majority don't leave feedback at all. 

if you contact them, you're more inclined to get feedback which isn't what you expect - because they might not have been 100% satisfied and giving them a nudge might just be enough for them to leave you a neutral or negative. 

at the end of the day - just keep doing what you're doing. you sell to get money, not feedback :] 

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Best to leave well enough alone.

They're few and far between, those that leave fb.

You might get a neg just for annoying them.

They might tend to leave fb if you withhold yours until after you receive theirs.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

As old Geoff once said "It is nought good a sleepyng hound to wake".

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

At the end of the day, giving (or not) feedback is their right. It is unwise to "deal"  with someone who is exercising their right, especially one who can still give you a neg for "dealing"  with them.

Feedbacks are so warped and inaccurate I stopped obsessing about feedbacks a long time ago. As a buyer I don't even look at feedbacks anymore, I just buy the cheapest one of the item I am looking for. Who cares if the seller has 97% or 99.9%? If you look at the 3% negative feedbacks surely you must look at all the 97% positive ones too.

I don't know, maybe I am just a fresh air of optimism amidst all the pessimistic naysayers here.  Man Happy

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Checking our sales number vis-a-vis feedback received it shows only about 39% or buyers leave feedback.  In contrast we leave feedback for all buyers.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

i just leave FB as soon as ive posted the item.

some buyers dont leave FB but its not manditory so why do i care.

i prefer none to negative or even neutral.

i myself sometimes dont leave FB, usually chinese sellers whos items dont turn up or are very late.

i did once leave a negative to a guy in the uk, bought an expensive rare item, he packed it really really poorly and it was damaged in transit. as it was rare even damaged i kept it but i messaged him letting him know how how i felt and left a neg.

i suspect as it was an auction and i was the only bid, he was expecting higher price and showed his displeasure by the **bleep** packing.

pity, he ruined his perfect FB score.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Everyone's given excellent advice in this thread.

You can read eBay's Feedback Policies, and that page jumps in quickly to address this very question:

My trading partner won't leave me Feedback. What should I do?

If you've successfully completed a transaction with another eBay member and they haven't left you Feedback, it's fine to send a message as a reminder. Remember though, leaving Feedback is completely voluntary.

However, although eBay say "it's fine to send a message as a reminder", you should bear in mind that several buyers react to such messages as if it were harassment, and are swift to respond punitively by giving the seller negative feedback. They explain this by claiming that the entire buying process was damaged for them by the seller's after-sale message requesting feedback. They will interpret the communication as harassment.

I agree - let somnolent canids remain in a supine position.

There's more about leaving feedback (as a buyer) here, And of course, no buyer should be attempting to distort the feedback for gain - read about that policy here.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@matthewkai wrote:
Just wondering why do some buyers not give feedback well after the item is delivered and after you gave good feedback? Also without being annoying how do i get them to give feedback when they haven't already?

If you're wondering why they don't, it's because some of them can't be bothered.

We're an unusual bunch in here on this messageboard, we're not typical because most of us enjoy writing.

But for some people, it's like pulling teeth. I've had some potential customers send me messages like

-$20?

or

-I'm here

No sentences or else no context. Verging on rude almost, but it is the modern way with a lot of people sending messages on phones etc

If they can barely drag their fingers to the buttons to send a message for something they presumably want & are interested in, the odds aren't high they'll be keen to give feedback. You might irritate them just by asking, as the others have said.

Just don't worry about it. You can't change them so go with the flow. You'll get other customers who are only too keen to give feedback. Just cross your fingers it's positive!

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Many lack the common courtesy or find it 'too much trouble'

Funnily enough, the same ones have no trouble leaving a neg when they are not happen (and many times the neg is in relation to how long Aus Post took to deliver something

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply