How to get feedback from buyers?

xeroxpie
Community Member

I sold many items this 2 months but no buyers give feedback to me.

I gave positive feedbacks to all my buyers and sellers

I want to increase my reputation as a seller. How can I get the feedback?

As beginner seller, how can I get good ratings?

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: How to get feedback from buyers?

I tend to agree with what someone else said. Buy a heap of cheap $1 stuff from China with free postage. You could buy say 2 things from 20 sellers and 99.9% of the time, those 20 sellers will leave you feedback. 10 will probably leave it when you pay, the other 10 will leave it when you leave it for them (often it's set to automatically leave it as soon as you leave a positive). There would be no point buying 20 things from one seller because the feedback would only count as 1 point.

You could then sell what you bought for a few $$ to get your money back. Often you can get cheap costume jewellery and stones at auction for $1 or even less. Most of them start their auctions at 1c, so there is a reasonable chance you can get them for under $1. You could then resell them for $4 or $5. It's not a huge amount, but it's still profit!

It's always hard when you're starting out because you want buyers to be able to trust you. It won't take long until you can get a few positives for selling. Once buyers see you've had a few good transactions, they will be more likely to trust you. Hang in there!

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Sit back, wait and hope that they even acknowledge your existence. I swear I've sold well over 1000 things...
Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

Wow you actually look to see if a seller has left you feedback, I haven't looked at the feedback on my buying id for years, not since sellers could leave negs. I couldn't even tell you within 50 of how many feedback I have on my buying account.

In reply to the statement that I must have a lot of nightmare buyers, not at all, probably no more than 3 that I can recall in 14 years. I have been reading the boards for that long though so I have heard plenty of tales of what buyers can do after making payment.

Ebay suggests that feedback is left after the transaction is over, if a seller considers it over after the buyer has paid then why does the seller have to send anything? The deal is finishedSmiley Wink

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

I post feed back after they leave theirs

( I leave feed back when you leave feed back) is posted on most of my items

then I know they have their parcel as well

hope this helps

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

In fact, I just checked my own feedback score and according to eBay I have had exactly two buyers give me feedback in the last six months.

I was on 339 last year, and have bought all of two games (+2 feedback), two boxes of DVD bubble mailers (+2 feedback) and sold well over 100 items (+2 feedback).
Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

Thank you guys! I usually leave FB directly after I sent the item.

No buyer left FB until now. That's okay haha.

I will try not send FB first, then see how it goes.

Good idea! I am gonna buy more cheap items on eBay then.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

"I consider a transaction is over once the buyer acknowledges they have their item and are satisfied with it. how annoying it would be to give a buyer feedback just because they paid and they turn out to be the buyer from hell? "  My thoughts exactly!

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

I think with the new seller rating system, eBay is putting less and less emphasis on feedback, I.e. You can't leave buyers anything but positives, and now neutrals and negs don't count as defects for sellers. If you need to bump up your rating just buy some things on eBay. I wouldn't pester buyers to leave feedback, generally they don't bother to, or leave feedback months after the purchase.

I let eBay automatically leave feedback to buyers right after they pay, there's no point doing a **bleep**-for-tat dance with buyers with feedback. If you get a buyer from hell, you can't leave neg feedback anyway, and if you leave positive feedback with negative language that's against eBay policy and the buyer can get it removed. Just block them and move on with your life.

Just consistently provide quick service and friendly and polite comunication (if they contact you and you respond), and you'll build up your feedback over time.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply