How to leave negative feedback for a buyer ?

samanthaj2402
Community Member

I have had an item not paid for and received a final value credit but it is extremely annoying I can not leave negative feedback for the non payer, when I read through her 'positive' feedback there were many sellers in a similar situation who had not been paid and could only leave their negative comment under a positive label. The feedback system loses its value as a tool if we as sellers can not leave the approprite feedback to protect ourselves and other sellers from unscrupulous buyers.

How do other sellers deal with this ? typically you let it slide but this seller is a serial non payer and there should be consequences.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: How to leave negative feedback for a buyer ?

No need. Once they have 2 or more in whatever period you choose, they can't bid on or buy your items.

End of story.

Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

I had my preferences set up to block NPB's, but removed them several weeks ago.  Was shocked when I had a look in the log details of just how many people tried to purchase in recent months and were stopped due to my blocks (7 pages full!).  Some contacted me, and I was able to exempt them, and I have not had a problem with any so far. So I am more inclined nowadays to allow anyone the opportunity to purchase, irrespective of what's happened in their history - DEFINITELY MORE SALES $$$:-x 

Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

The number of non-paying buyers has increased enormously by the sound of it. That's probably due to the flexibility eBay gives people who really aren't serious with their bidding or don't realise how time consuming it is for sellers to put up with this rot.

Block these people by all means and of course issue unpaid item reports but I'm not too sure how serious eBay are with their interest in controlling the problem. Have had another couple this week.Done everything right,won't make any difference.

The wheel seems to have turned from a few years ago when sellers were the "nasties" (and there were plenty of them in those days) but it's time eBay had a close look at their feedback policies to BALANCE things.Buyers should not become a protected species.

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

The trouble is that a buyer with 1 strike CAN still bid. If I can't neg non-paying bidders that have wasted MY time, I don't want to deal with any person who has failed to honour a contract with somebody else. I want to be able to block EVERYONE who has been a non-paying bidder FOREVER. Just once is once too many.

Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

So if I buy something and the seller tries to hit me up for an extra $20 for paying with Paypal and I refuse so they open a NPB and I get a strike because I refuse to be ripped off, you want to be able to block me FOREVER?

Up to you, I suppose, but don't complain about not getting any sales.

It wouldn't happen with me, anyway, I know how to get strikes rescinded, but a newbie would not be happy. In fact they'd probably not try to buy here at all. Good way to increase sales?

NPB cases take very little time and only cause aggravation if you allow them to.

Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

The number of non-paying buyers has increased enormously by the sound of it.

That's just it, it is a perception with no evidence other than the fact that a few sellers are reporting an increase. If every seller who had a decrease in non payers came and posted here who is to say there wouldn't be more of them put folk only tend to come here when things go wrong, not when they are going right.

I have had an increase in number but it is actually a decrease when compared to the increased number of items I have sold. I certainly have had no increase in the percentage of non payers since the option to leave negs for buyer's was removed.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

Your scenario is BS. You wouldn't get a strike, because the seller changed the ground rules and as a buyer, eBay would bend over backwards to take your side anyway. Be that as it may, are you really trying to tell me that most of the NPB strikes handed out are because of unscrupulous sellers? The little trading I do here isn't to make a profit, it is just to clear excess items and recoup a few dollars. If I miss out on a sale here and there, because of the type of scenario you put forward, I can live with that. It would certainly beat having to deal with the type of numbskulls, who bid on items with no intention of paying.   

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

lisakpatton
Community Member

Yes, the whole feedback system is useless anymore.  It means absolutely nothing.  All you can do is check for false positives and what feedback they have left others.

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

I had my preferences set up to block NPB's, but removed them several weeks ago.  Was shocked when I had a look in the log details of just how many people tried to purchase in recent months and were stopped due to my blocks (7 pages full!).  Some contacted me, and I was able to exempt them, and I have not had a problem with any so far. So I am more inclined nowadays to allow anyone the opportunity to purchase, irrespective of what's happened in their history - DEFINITELY MORE SALES $$$:-x 

Just a quick question....how do you look at your log details to do this? I am kinda curious now!

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

Just a quick question....how do you look at your log details to do this? I am kinda curious now!

just go to your my eBay page

Account Tab

Site Preferences

Buyer Requirements and click on the Activity log

😉

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 20 of 24
Latest reply