How to sell VHS video tapes

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to start selling VHS? Do I just check them out on a VCR player and if they are working sell? Or is there something I should be looking for in particular?

Any ideas for packing? Just a padded mailer?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You should search to see what other people are offering and for how much as well as what their postage is.

A VHS is quite thick, so most likely will go as a parcel, however if you just send in a padded bag with no tracking, you will lose any claim/dispute opened against you. The ones I looked at appeared to be sent in a small tracked satchel for $9.30.

Assuming that they have all been used, you should put it in the description and there is probably a "condition" drop down to select when doing the listing/s.

Take photos of the item front and back, as well as the box/cover.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

etb321
Community Member

My experience has been there isn't a lot of demand for this product.  

Tom

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I didn't think so either, but when I typed VHS in the search bar and then looked at sold/completed items, there were a lot of sales at prices that I didn't think possible. There were 7100 sold results with some prices over $100 for "rare" items. 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@etb321 wrote:

My experience has been there isn't a lot of demand for this product.  

Tom

I think there is an increasing demand, as they are becoming a "collectable". Once you can no longer buy something, people suddenly want to collect them for some reason.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Yeah, couple of years ago I put a few dozen pre-recorded VHS out for Council pick up - my bad.

But someone knew what was what.

They were grabbed within the hour.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Thankyou. I do have a bunch of padded mailers and some bubble wrap as a bit of extra protection. I just need to figure out if they need to be tested first or maybe I will just offer returns on them.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Thankyou. I do have some padded mailers and bubble wrap for extra protection. I just need to figure if they need to be tested or not, but maybe I can just offer refunds if there are issues.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I've been picking up a bunch here and there for free or very cheap so I'll see how I'll go. My understanding is horror, movies you haven't heard of and some speciality ones sell well but I'll see how I go.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

That's what I'm counting on.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply