How to speak to someone?

sjay2k
Community Member

I participated in an unlimited listing promo last month.

I currently have 3,500 listings but need to cancel 2,000 of them in the next couple of weeks to avoid paying insertion fees.

I also have another 6,000 listings on my website that I would like to list using the eBay sync tool.

I tried calling up the general eBay number but they seemed to tell me that (1) there is no account manager or similar person who I can talk to, (2) their marketing department, who is able to offer promotions for specific accounts, is "back end" only and "does not take calls".

This is all a bit ridiculous.  Has anyone been able to contact someone at eBay who has authority to make decisions?  Thanks everyone 🙂

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

How to speak to someone?

I'm not sure why you want to talk to eBay. They don't provide synching tools as far as I'm aware. There are third party ones around, but I don't use them. I do know that any synching must be one way. eBay won't allow you to send sales to your website, so all you can do is inventory management.

As far as the freebies go, for stores they are few and far between. You might get some towards the end of the financial year, then next Christmas. If you have your listings set to GTC, you will have to end them to avoid listing fees, otherwise they will end themselves when their time runs out.

eBay don't do deals unless you are a big box retailer, (think Harvey Norman, The Good Guys, JB Hi-Fi) so I don't anticipate you will get anybody to give you extra freebies. The suggested options will almost certainly be a store upgrade, either to Featured (1500pm listings included) or Anchor (250000pm).

Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

How to speak to someone?

eBay does indeed provide synching tools, I use it.

The rest of your message is off base.

Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

How to speak to someone?

If you have the 8 free relists you should have ticked the box upon listing the 3,500.

That would have given you the 3,500 listings free for 9 months as 30 day BIN's.

You may still be able to bulk revise opting for the free relists.

image host
Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

How to speak to someone?

Thanks for the response.  Where do I find the option for free re-lists?

Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

How to speak to someone?

Account managers are, essentially, a retired feature. There may be some sellers around who have (or had) one after they were made defunct, but they were essentially grandfathered in and at a certain point, no new managers were every assigned, and over time, sellers lost their managers even if they managed to hold on to them for a while, as the people who filled those roles were laid off, or moved on.

If you use ebays Contact Us options, including the call back feature, you will rarely (if ever) speak to someone who is not purely customer service - it's a bad idea, anyway, especially if you're talking about needing to end listings, or want / need changes made to your account in some way. Some reps will go in and mess with your account, but from what I hear, most of them don't really know what they are doing. I have heard some horror stories about reps stuffing things up, or ending listings en masse against the direct instruction of the seller. 

Your best bet is to network with people who liase with eBay, rather than work for eBay. PESA used to be who to talk to, but lately the role they've seem to have chosen is less advise eBay what sellers need / want, and more to convince sellers that what eBay does / wants is a good thing, but you never know until you try, I guess.

Try joining the eBay Australia sellers group on Facebook - a couple will probably come up, go for the biggest one, as I know there are members there who are a part of PESA. Ask your question(s) there, and see what happens, maybe?

I honestly don't like your chances if you're after free listings, but almost anything's possible, and you might get an ear about the syncing issue. 

Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

How to speak to someone?

@sjay2k wrote:

eBay does indeed provide synching tools, I use it.

The rest of your message is off base.

Well then you already have the answer. As far as the rest goes it was a direct response to your original post.

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

How to speak to someone?

@sjay2k wrote:

Thanks for the response.  Where do I find the option for free re-lists?

Each listing has a small box to tick for free relists.

Providing your account qualifies for them.

6000.png

image host
Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

How to speak to someone?

As David has mentioned ebay already have facilities in place for you to run 3500 listings. ( or 9500 if thats what you want ). Its called an anchor store which gives you virtually unlimited free listings.  Why does everyone expect everything for free these days ?

If you need the listings, pay the fee for the service you are using and just get on with it !!!

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

How to speak to someone?

Autorelists might be an option. If the OP wants to end all their GTC listings to see if the option is available.

They are not a powerseller, so they might qualify (although I qualify on both my PS accounts). The account manager thing was only ever available to higher level powersellers, so even if they still existed, the OP wouldn't seem to qualify.

Message 10 of 31
Latest reply