How to stop annoying/harassing messages from a disgruntled bidder?

The title said it all, he didnt like my excuse of closing down my auction and told me he didnt beleive me so now he sent me 9 copies of the same original message asking me why I ended my auction and removed his bid. I reported it to customer support and wait for the reply, this is his first message:

Why did you terminate my earlier bid?

To reset the counter hoping more bidders come along?

Please explain....(!)

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Nothing wrong with ending a listing early....direct him here:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/end_early.html

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Thats right, if I wasnt allowed or entitled to close my listing then I wouldnt have that option. 

This is what I said and back:

I didnt think the pictures did it justice, I tried to add some new pictures but it wouldn't allow me because It had a bid on it and could not replace the pictures, so i had to terminate your bid in order to cancel the auction so i can relist it with better photos, i am trying to get the best possible price and I didnt like the way the first lot of pictures came out, sorry about that.

This is what he replied:

Right.... I'm aware you can add photos whilst a bid is underway... The only restriction is that you cannot remove existing photos....

I gave something away recently for a low price because there was only one bidder and it couldn't be helped (so I thought)... Perhaps, I should have cancelled it under the same pretext and relisted it or kept it all together....

I don't buy your explanation, but thank you for bothering to provide me with one.

All the best!

This is what he just sent me now:

Listen here Mister!

I took part in one of your auctions and was in line to win it before you opportunistically closed it prematurely so that my winning bid did not materialize.

I then forwarded you a clarification question to which you responded with something that does not stand to reason as, quite clearly, eBay allows you to add new photos to an auction item whilst it is in process.

It is neither fair nor proper to sabotage an existing auction whilst it is in motion simply because you are greedy and want more for your item. Nevertheless, I was happy to let it pass and not report you as I have more important things to divert my attention to...

Now that you claim that you reported me for harassment, you are forcing my hand to report you based on a statement of fact..... if you received multiple messages from me (identical), it will have been the result of a technical problem... certainly not an attempt by me to harass you.

Truth always hurts! Imbecile!!

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

So did you relist it at a higher price than the last listing?

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

No,  I relisted it at the same price, this messaging thing started after I relisted it, just with better pictures, he was still able to rebid on it up until he started demanding this and that and now name calling, which i have placed another complaint with customer support about this member. I think his upset because I removed his bid and I blocked him after the second message.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

OK, so he doesn't really have a problem, he could have just bid again on the new listing.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Wow, I hope you've added them to your BBL.  They would not love getting the rejection message.  

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Not after the second message, i know id get a neg for nothing, dont you agree?

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Yup, i got a live one here.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

You can not get a neg unless you have a tansaction with the buyer, so I would cancel any sale you have that he has bid on. add him to your Blocked Buyers List NOW

http://pages.ebay.com.au/services/buyandsell/biddermanagement.html

Then relist and rest assured this 'annoying' bidder will no longer be able to hassle you.

Sounds like he would be  trouble from go to wo IMO

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply