How to take screenshots

I know this probably makes me sound dumb, but could somone please tell me how to take screenshots in

IE

Chrome

Firefox

many thanks in advance

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

How to take screenshots

If you have Windows 7 or later there is a tool that comes with Windows called "Snipping Tool".

You have to locate the .EXE file and put a shortcut on your desktop.

In Win7 it is located as follows. But may vary with other Windows versions.

C:\Windows\System32\SnippingTool.exe

But if you serach your hard drive for the file named "snippingtool" you will find where it is if you have it installed.

Otherwise you can download it from Microsoft.

This tool allows cliping of a banded section of your screen and has a few basic little graphics editing features inbuilt.

You cna then save the result back to your computer somewhere as .JPEG or similar.

e.g. I have just used it to take this partial screenshot of what I am writing now.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

How to take screenshots

You can also just hit the Fn key and the Prt Sc key at the same time, then open 'paint' and ctrl-v to paste it in there. You can only screenshot this way for what's on the actual screen. I think the one Clarry mentioned and also another one I use, you can screenshot the whole page, or just a section of the page.

Of course when you screenshot something, you want to crop it so the irrelevant stuff is removed, like your task bar and browser tabs.

There a browser extension you can get for Chrome and Firefox called Nimbus. That one is also very good in that you can screenshot a whole page, or just part of a page too.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

How to take screenshots

If you have Windows 7 or later there is a tool that comes with Windows called "Snipping Tool".

You have to locate the .EXE file and put a shortcut on your desktop.

In Win7 it is located as follows. But may vary with other Windows versions.

C:\Windows\System32\SnippingTool.exe

But if you serach your hard drive for the file named "snippingtool" you will find where it is if you have it installed.

Otherwise you can download it from Microsoft.

This tool allows cliping of a banded section of your screen and has a few basic little graphics editing features inbuilt.

You cna then save the result back to your computer somewhere as .JPEG or similar.

e.g. I have just used it to take this partial screenshot of what I am writing now.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

How to take screenshots

You can also just hit the Fn key and the Prt Sc key at the same time, then open 'paint' and ctrl-v to paste it in there. You can only screenshot this way for what's on the actual screen. I think the one Clarry mentioned and also another one I use, you can screenshot the whole page, or just a section of the page.

Of course when you screenshot something, you want to crop it so the irrelevant stuff is removed, like your task bar and browser tabs.

There a browser extension you can get for Chrome and Firefox called Nimbus. That one is also very good in that you can screenshot a whole page, or just part of a page too.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

How to take screenshots

Thanks so much. Will give it a go.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

How to take screenshots

Thanks so much. Will give it a try

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

How to take screenshots

Sheep where do you access Nimbus on Chrome. (DOH)

Would be handy to do the whole page, at the moment I use the keyboard Print Screen key, copy to Word and edit it on there.

But sometimes the whole page would be easier, than 3 or 4 snaps.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

How to take screenshots

If it's anything like Nimbus on Firefox, try your right mouse button.
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

How to take screenshots

The snipping tool is great.

The other way i have taken screenshots is to just look on my keyboard (and this key is up in the top row, right hand side on mine) for a key that says print screen.

When there is something on my screen i want to take a photo of, I just push that key in. That saves the image for you.

Then I go into Paint (I think all computers have it, it should show up if you do a search) and in Paint, I push the top button that says paste.

That way, the print screen image that was saved is then pasted in paint and I can edit it in there, crop, add text, arrows, what have you, then save into a folder.

It probably isn't the most tech savvy way to do it but at least it is easy to remember.Woman Very Happy

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

How to take screenshots

The snipping tool is available through the start menu under Windows Accessories same as the Paint program. I have both of them copied onto my taskbar so a single click opens each one as I want it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

How to take screenshots

@sueken4812 wrote:

Sheep where do you access Nimbus on Chrome. (DOH)

Would be handy to do the whole page, at the moment I use the keyboard Print Screen key, copy to Word and edit it on there.

But sometimes the whole page would be easier, than 3 or 4 snaps.

Click on the 3 horizontal lines under the X and go to settings. On the menu on the left, select extensions, then get more extensions. When the webpage opens, do a search for Nimbus. Clicking on it should give you the option to install it. Once it's installed, it will be visible next to the 3 horizontal lines. If you want to screen shot a page, right click and the option is in the pop up menu. You can then select whether you just want what's on the visible screen, the whole page, or a few other options.

CQ put me onto it and it's brilliant!

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply