I Have Just Issued A Refund Can The Buyer Still Leave Feedback?

I have just refunded a buyer his money because the Address Postcode did not match where he wanted it sent can he/she still leave feedback after a Complete refund was sent.??

Message 1 of 71
Latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Yes, the buyer can still leave feedback.

It is not unusual for an postcode not to match a suburb, usually it is a typo.

I usually just google the street address to confirm the correct details, never had any problems with this practice over the years.

Message 2 of 71
Latest reply

If they paid by PayPal, you really need to send an item to the address provided by them (which is the one provided by the customer) Please, if a buyer wants their item sent elsewhere, don't be tempted to do so until they correct the info in their account. Even if it is a typo - DO NOT take it upon yourself to google a different address or postcode - contact your customer and get them to change/correct it!

Don't do something silly and void your seller protection!

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 71
Latest reply

They paid by Paypal and as I use Click And Send The postcode did not match the address they had entered. I sent them a message asking that they update their address on eBay and Paypal.. Got no response so I just gave a complete refund after 30 hours. Paypal and eBay state you must send to the address listed but I couldn't because click and send would not let me. Now I think I will get neg. feedback because of this.

Message 4 of 71
Latest reply

Ring eBay and get it on file.

Ring PayPal and ask their advixce on how to proceed.

But way to go for knowing not to change the address! Voiding your seller protection is just insane!

It's a tricky one as you really shouldn't have just cancelled the sale (that's actually illegal)

Or, have YOU tried getting the buyers phone number and giving them a call?

Message 5 of 71
Latest reply

It is good the online postage services pick up postcode or State errors in buyers addresses. It has happened to me but I was able to contact the buyer about it.

No way , would I send a parcel that shows up,as being incorrect on click n send or ebay postage system.. One I had, the buyer had selected NSW instead of WA.
Message 6 of 71
Latest reply

Amending a postcode to match a suburb so it can be accepted by Aust Post does not void seller protection where the parcel is sent to the street address and suburb that is on the eBay order form.
Message 7 of 71
Latest reply

PayPal Proof Of Shipping.PNG

1. The delivery address of the buyer (as shown on the PayPal transaction details page)

Message 8 of 71
Latest reply

There is probably a street called Short Street (for example) in just about every suburb, so if it is ok to change the Post Code, then it is ok for me to send an item to any postcode as long as it is number 5 Short Street in any random suburb.

woo hoo.gif

That means that every time a customer lives in a street by the same name as one of my friends, i can just change the post code and send the item to them, and I'm still covered by PayPal

OMG! That is sooooooooo cooollll....

Message 9 of 71
Latest reply

To have buyer protection you have to provide a valid mailing address.
Message 10 of 71
Latest reply