I Have Just Issued A Refund Can The Buyer Still Leave Feedback?

I have just refunded a buyer his money because the Address Postcode did not match where he wanted it sent can he/she still leave feedback after a Complete refund was sent.??

Message 1 of 71
Latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

There is only two seller initiated reasons to cancel a sale ( item no longer for sale, I no longer want to send item) the rest are buyer request reasons - I bought item by mistake etc.
In this case a buyer choice reason couldn't have been chosen as there was no communication with the buyer re the cancellation.

That is why I wonder what reason the O P chose, as that will have bearing on the issue if the buyer isn't happy.
Message 21 of 71
Latest reply

I have had dozens of incorrect addresses over the years - mainly post codes and suburb mismatch - as have numerous sellers that have posted on the discussion boards.

Where the mistake is an obvious typo and a street address can be easily confirmed I make the correction. On the very rare occasion where there is no identifiable unique mailing address I have messaged the buyer for correct address.

Message 22 of 71
Latest reply

if you're really desperate to contact a buyer, you can click on messages, & on the left hand side of the page, you'll see request members details, so you can actually phone them. I probably wouldn't have just sent the refund so soon. Keep trying to contact the buyer so you can explain & hopefully they will understand. I am assuming you've not been able to contact the buyer so far? You have to go by the address on the PP invoice usually.
Message 23 of 71
Latest reply

Are you getting all of this PJ's?  How ridiculous.  Keep up the good work.

Joono
Message 24 of 71
Latest reply

🙂 its cats or catspjs please to avoid any confusion with the other PJ whom holds quite different views than moi - thanks 🙂
Message 25 of 71
Latest reply

@*crikey*mate* wrote:

If they paid by PayPal, you really need to send an item to the address provided by them (which is the one provided by the customer) Please, if a buyer wants their item sent elsewhere, don't be tempted to do so until they correct the info in their account. Even if it is a typo - DO NOT take it upon yourself to google a different address or postcode - contact your customer and get them to change/correct it!

Don't do something silly and void your seller protection!

I happen to know that the postcode of Armadale WA is 6112.  Why on earth would you be advising someone to post to the wrong postcode?  It could end up in a different state.  

If you think that for one second Paypal would void your protection then you must think that the paypal staff are seriously silly.

Joono
Message 26 of 71
Latest reply

Sorry Cats 🙂  I will remember that.  I'll never call you weatherwax either LOL

Joono
Message 27 of 71
Latest reply

@j*oono wrote:

@*crikey*mate* wrote:

If they paid by PayPal, you really need to send an item to the address provided by them (which is the one provided by the customer) Please, if a buyer wants their item sent elsewhere, don't be tempted to do so until they correct the info in their account. Even if it is a typo - DO NOT take it upon yourself to google a different address or postcode - contact your customer and get them to change/correct it!

Don't do something silly and void your seller protection!

I happen to know that the postcode of Armadale WA is 6112.  Why on earth would you be advising someone to post to the wrong postcode?  It could end up in a different state.  

If you think that for one second Paypal would void your protection then you must think that the paypal staff are seriously silly.

I'm NOT

Quite the opposite.

I have said to ring eBay and PayPal

to try and contact the buyer

and said a few times that to try and guess which part of the address is wrong, is silly

at no time have I advocated that a seller send anything to an incorrect address

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 28 of 71
Latest reply

You can't always be advising people to ring paypal and ebay.  Good grief.  If you know the correct postcode then why bother to ring paypal?

To think that your seller protection is compromised is just being silly.  

If I didn't know the postcode I would just post to the address given to me by ebay and paypal.  Maybe I should ring paypal to double check.

Joono
Message 29 of 71
Latest reply

I think that you missed the part where the OP said that Click and Send wouldn't let her process the shipping.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 30 of 71
Latest reply