I am finding eBay not supportive and despite high selling fees they are not contactable

I am not finding eBay supportive any more. I recently sold an item and Australia Post delivered it to the wrong address and I was asked to pay the seller. So i lost the $300 puffer jacket and I had to pay the buyer back. How does this work????? When you try and contact eBay there is not telephone support. Everything is online yet the fees are high for generated responses.

I recently revcieved a complaint from a custormer who said the photos did not show pleats and that my listing was decitful yet unless she is blind the pleats atre there. 

After 10 years of using eBay I have to say that the lack of support and the things you allow to take place has left me for the first time saying dont sell on eBay.!!!

Anna

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I am finding eBay not supportive and despite high selling fees they are not contactable

After 10 years of using eBay I have to say that the lack of support and the things you allow to take place has left me for the first time saying dont sell on eBay.!!!

The only people responding here are buyers and sellers like you

Your comment will not be seen by anyone from eBay,who do not read here

I would suggest you contact eBay, but they might slap you, given you have choosen to break the rules and give a false positive (you warn people not to sell to this person but reward them with a green dot) Nobody else can even see who the buyer is so the warning is pointless 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

What do you expect eBay to do?

The item is, presumably, marked as delivered. As such, how was the buyer able to win a case? If they won because it was delivered to the incorrect address, what actions have YOU taken to redress your situation?

You should be contacting AP, not eBay, and determining exactly where the jacket was delivered.

eBay's call centre was shut down for several months due to the coronavirus. Do you expect eBay to put their employees' lives in danger just so you can ring them?

Nobody forces you to sell on eBay. If you can find an alternative site with the same reach cheaper, go for it. You could also try an auction house. That would certainly educate you on what selling fees can be in the real world.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

How do you know it was delivered to the wrong address?

When I send a tracked item, it simply says "delivered".

Also, you automatically get $100 of insurance with all tracked parcels now.

Did the buyer tell you they hadn't received it?

Who told you you had to pay the buyer back?

Did the buyer provide the correct address in the first place?

There's missing information in your story and there's always a process to follow when tracked items are not delivered.

If an item goes missing whilst still in transit, the onus is on the seller to follow up.

Once it is marked as delivered, the responsibility falls on the buyer and the sellers responsibility ends.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

You should jump on this thread, have a read and learn something. A couple of photos and one line descriptions which don't even describe the item, shows a lazy seller.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Condition-is-good-condition-is-used-description-is-poor-and...
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

As a clothing seller, please save yourself some grief - put measurements of the actual item in the listing.

Details are non-existent in your listings.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

"Paris is burning".
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I sell clothes and ALWAYS put the measurements in.

Anyway, despite some annoying blips and glitches with automatic ebay bots, I've actually found their online chat help area quite effective, friendly and helpful. I've never used the phone help line.

In terms of the puffer jacket worth $300, as long as it was sent with tracking (prepaid satchel, it's automatically covered by Australia Post up to $100. Whenever I send anything worth more than that, I take out insurance for the difference. Then with tracking, I can see where the parcel is and what's happened, lodge an enquiry with Australia Post, and it'll be sorted out (aka financially compensated).

It's not Ebay's fault or responsibility if the item was apparently delivered to the wrong address. Go straight to Australia Post. (if you had no tracking or insurance for the item, then oops, nothing you can do except refund.)

In terms of the buyer claiming your item / listing was deceitful due to the apparent lack of pleats, well, this kind of thing is the bane of my ebay experience. "Item significantly not as described" disputes when my item was EXACTLY as described but the buyer just wants a refund and/or changed their mind / didn't check if the item would fit and it doesn't. Frustratingly, automatic ebay bots now accept all these cases as valid and it's a battle to win against them, no matter how accurate your listing or photos are and no matter how blatantly fraudulent the buyer's case is.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply