I am totally confused with the new ruling on removing active content from my listings.

Is anyone else confused with what to do to remove active content from their listings? I have written to Activa to ask them to remove the scrolling gallery but not sure what else to do. Do I have to make my listing a certain size font or can I keep the one I have? Anyone have any suggestions?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I am totally confused with the new ruling on removing active content from my listings.

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes i am confused also
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

You can keep things that don't move (active).

So if you have borders or logo's that change colour or move in any way, they need to be taken out of your HTML code.

Basically anything static can stay.

image host
Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

That's a bit clearer!! Nothing I have moves apart from the scrolling gallery and hopefully that will be removed soon by Activa! Ebay says I have 135 listings to be fixed but no reason for them.  When I do a preview of my listing I can see all the codes, how do I remove these without totally messing up the listing, which I did for one already. How do you take things out of HTML code when they are non readable to me, anyway.  As you can see I am not very HTML compatible!!!!

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
thankyou so much,i have nothing that moves.
Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Sable, you have the page view counter on.

Ebay says that's gotta go

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/activecontent

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Thanks for your comment. How do I turn this page view counter off? 

Cheers  ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

The little Sellathon widget that people can click to view other listings uses Flash, so is active content (the view counter is likely to just be disabled by eBay themselves if need be, since that's one of their own listing features).

If you know what the code looks like, you should be able to delete just that bit from the listing by switching to the HTML editor and locating it there. That could get quite tedious, though (I started updating my listings in January, and only finished quite recently, since I basically created a new template with zero active content and had to do 500+ listings one by one), so if there was some authorisation involved that enabled it to be added in bulk to your listings, you may be able to de-authorise it (check your third party subscriptions / authorisations by going to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences > Third Party Authorisations.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Auctiva is gradualy replacing the sellathon counter and scrolling gallery with "non active" versions in live listings.  Any new Auctiva listing will only have "non-active" scrolling gallery and counter.  I find both pointless anyway and it is easy to turn off the scrolling gallery and counter in your Auctiva preferences to rid yourselves of these options for any new listings.  

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Thanks for the advice! I have changede Activa on my third party authorisations. I received an email from Ebay telling me I need to change all my listings to plain text. Do I just write a listing in Word and then copy and paste to the listing? What a job!!!!!!

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply