I can get products from America to resell on Australian ebay but when i try to do this Ebay will not

Ebay will not acept me importing good from America i live in Australia and can get goods sent directly to buyers but it seems i need an American Adress to do this it seems redicoulous.The American post code is rejeced and free postage does not work either.

Please provide the correct information in the highlighted fields.
• Postage service - Please select a postal service.
• Weight - Please enter a valid package weight.
• Postcode - Please enter a valid value.

Categories where your listing will appear
Get help on category - opens in a new window or tab

Category   Category help
Sporting Goods > Hunting > Knives
Change category

List multiple variations of your item

Describe your item
Add or remove options for Item title |  Get help on title - opens in a new window or tab

Title  Help on title
Tom Anderson Fixed Blade Knife with Leather Sheath

Subtitle (AU $2.00)  Subtitle help

Condition  Item condition help

Add photos

Upload up to 12 photos that show your item in multiple views (such as front, back, side, and close-up).  You are required to have a minimum of 1 photo in your listing.  Picture fees help

Remove all photos

Add item specifics

Buyers often refine their search using these item specifics. If you don't provide these details here, your listing may not appear in their search results. Help on Item specifics

Based on your title and category, we've suggested some item specifics that you left blank when you listed. If these values aren't correct, please revise them.

UPC   Help on UPC
Does not apply

Type  Remove  Type
Fixed BladeDrop down
 Brand
Elk RidgeDrop down
 MPN
Enter the manufacturer’s part number to optimize your listing for internet search engines
Does Not ApplyDrop down
Model  Remove  Model
Tom AndersonDrop down

Add your own item specific

Details

• Standard
• HTML

Check spelling 
Insert

Preview - opens in a new window or tab|Save draft

Choose a format and price
Add or remove options for Selling format |  Get help on selling format - opens in a new window or tab

Fixed price

List Fixed Price or Auction for FREE every month. Learn More - opens in a new window or tab

Buy It Now price (see listing fees - opens in a new window or tab)  Help on Buy It Now price
AU $ 241.34

Best Offer  Best offer help
Allow buyers to send you their Best Offers for your consideration
Respond to offers automatically
Automatically accept offers of at least
Best offer Auto acceptance
AU $
If the buyer has specified additional terms, you will still need to personally review and accept the offer.
Automatically decline offers lower than
Offer price
AU $

Quantity  Quantity help
1item

Duration  Help on duration.

Start listing immediately
Schedule start time

AEST

Select how you'll be paid
Add or remove options for accepted payment methods | Get help on accepted payment methods - opens in a new window or tab

Safer payment methods - at least one required

PayPal (fees varyfor PayPal - opens in a new window or tab)  PayPal help
Accept credit card and bank payments online through PayPal.

Your PayPal account email address (to receive payments)  Help on PayPal e-mail address

Require immediate payment when buyer uses Buy It Now

Merchant Account - Credit Card  Merchant credit cards help

Other payment methods
Bank Deposit
Show buyers your bank account number in checkout
Change your bank account data - opens in a new window or tab
Money order / Bank cheque
Personal cheque
Cash on delivery
Other / See item description
Escrow

Add postage details
Add or remove options for Postage | Get help on postage - opens in a new window or tab

Domestic postage  Postage services help

The calculated postage option only calculates postage rates for parcels. Please select the flat postage option to send your item as a letter.
Services  Calculate postage - opens in a new window or tab
Select domestic postage service
Free postage Free postage help
Please select a postal service.

Offer additional service

Handling time  Help on handling time.

If you select a longer handling time, please note that buyers will be notified of the longer handling time when they view your item.

Additional options
• Handling cost: AU $0.00

Change domestic postage options

International postage

You haven't selected any international shipping options

Excluded postage locations  Exclude postage locations help
Your listing may be visible on other international eBay sites. To exclude buyers in certain locations from purchasing your item, create a postage exclusion list.
No locations are currently excluded.
Create/edit exclusion list - opens in a new window or tab

Package details

Package type  Package size help

Dimensions  Help on Package dimensions
20cm
X 20cm
X 20cm

Weight  

Please enter a valid package weight.
1.5kg
0g

Item location  Item location help
Dallas Texas, 75247, United States
Change location - opens in a new window or tab
Please enter a valid value.

Add other details
Add or remove options for Additional information |  Get help on additional information - opens in a new window or tab

Buyer requirements  Buyer requirements help

None: Allow all buyers
Add buyer requirements

Return policy  Return policy help

Important: Make sure your returns policy complies with any obligations you may have under Australian law to provide a refund to your buyers. If you are an Australian business seller, your buyers have a legal right to obtain a refund from you in certain circumstances and within a reasonable time. Find out more about return policies and requirements - opens in a new window or tab.
• Returns not accepted for this item.

Change your return policy

Additional payment instructions (shows in your listing)  
Note: 500 character limit

Your fees so far: Fees help Your fees so far AU $0.00

indicates a required field

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: I can get products from America to resell on Australian ebay but when i try to do this Ebay will

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If ebay is trying to force you into shipping via the GSP then there is no way Pitney Bowes will ship the knife that you are describing.

They refuse to ship any knife, even a butter knife, to Australia....and probably to most other countries as well.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Re: I can get products from America to resell on Australian ebay but when i try to do this Ebay will

Ha i thought i had posters eyes glazing over on one of my recent posts, couple of beers and the words just flowed into one another. 

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Seems most people just want to chuck **bleep**e so wont bother asking a question again.
Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

We did mention maybe problems with the GSP and knives

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Have you even looked at the suggestions re your shipping methods and items?

By that I mean that the knife you are trying to list will not be shipped to Australia by the GSP which ebay tries to force sellers to use.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

now be honest, dont beat around the bush, say it like it is, speak the truth.....was it my afteshave that ruined your experience here?

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

There are two considerations:  1.  The rules as to what Ebay will allow to be listed; (see Ebay Policy re Knives, there is a long list of the knives that are not allowed) and

2.  The laws as to items that are prohibited imports by Australian Customs and Border Control.  Knives and daggers are a restricted import and you may need police certification or written permission from the Minister for Immigration and Border Protection.  Refer to govt. website. 

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Not all knives are restricted imports.....Australia Customs have a very specific list of what can and can not be imported.

Despite what Pitney Bowes thinks, kitchen knives and table knives are not restricted.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

@superscanner4 wrote:

There are two considerations:  1.  The rules as to what Ebay will allow to be listed; (see Ebay Policy re Knives, there is a long list of the knives that are not allowed) and

2.  The laws as to items that are prohibited imports by Australian Customs and Border Control.  Knives and daggers are a restricted import and you may need police certification or written permission from the Minister for Immigration and Border Protection.  Refer to govt. website. 

Neither of those considerations applies to Pitney Bowes' blanket ban on shipping knives. Please keep up.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply