I got a defect for cancelling a sale on buyers request.

so i can no longer be nice to buyers on ebay or i get punished.

what a stupid way for ebay to run a buisness.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

If you select the option that says 'Buyer requested cancel or there is a problem with the buyer's address' you do not receive a defect. 

If you didn't select that, and the buyer has sent ebay messages saying that they want to cancel, then you ask ask ebay nicely to remove the defect. They may or may not depending on the way the butterfly wings are flapping in Japan. 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

That's the one i selected as i thought it was safe. buyer phoned me after they had paid as they bought the wrong season and wanted to cancel. you just can't win anymore.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Definitely ring ebay - get them to check the messages. That defect is wrong!

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

if they had already paid and you refunded through paypal you get an automatic defect.

The only option there is to send a payment to the buyer (instead of refunding) but make sure you add a note to it saying it is a refund for such and such ebay item number . You avoid a defect that way.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I cancel through ebay and the refund is handled by them. If you select change of mind it shouldn't result in a defect. If someone declines it, it might. I have never had one of those types though. Ebays system is crumbling, who designed this system? as a whole I mean.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I should add the result of the lets say "**bleep**py" system ebay has means I miss a lot a defects.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

If there is no message from the buyer through ebay requesting to cancel an order a defect will be issued regardless of what reason you choose as ebay have no record of whether or not the buyer really has been the one who asked to cancel.

In future if a buyer rings to cancel an order ask them to also send a message through the ebay message system requesting the order to be cancelled. If they do that then no defect is issued as the system will pick up that the buyer is the one who wants to cancel.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply