I have a non payer about whom I will be contacting Ebay tonight. Should I put them on the BB list?

Do I have to wait for a case to close before I put a non-paying buyer on my Blocked Bidder list? I don't want her to buy any of my  other BIN items and then not pay for them. She has a feedback score of 1 and perhaps a fake name. She has not replied to my message and the four days is up today.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I have a non payer about whom I will be contacting Ebay tonight. Should I put them on the BB list?

You can put any member on your BBL at any time for any reason or for no reason at all other than you don't like the sound of their name.

I don't know what you are contacting ebay for, you open a dispute, you wait another 4 days and close it then the transaction is canceller and you get back your FVF, no contact with ebay required.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I wouldn't contact eBay ..... they will only tell you to open a case, then close it in 4 days (which gives them another strike against their name) but certainly put them on your Blocked Bidder list NOW,

Also, have you gone into your Account in Site Preferences.   Then set your buyer requirements to what you want ... you can say you don't certain people to bid eg, people with unpaid item strikes, or low feedback scores, etc.

You can't leave feedback for buyers once you've closed their case.  If you want to leave some (eg 'buyer didn't pay or contact" to warn other sellers), you have to leave it BEFORE you close the case.

You probably know all this .... but anyway, this is how I do it.   🙂

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Seems to be more and more buyers not paying for items regardless of their ratings....How long before we can leave negative feedback for these jokers! A non paying bidder strike is a waste of time! What use to be one a month is now at least 2-3 people a week not paying for items. Disgraceful!

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I agree .... but ask eBay ..  "they have to protect their BUYERS !!"

In the years I have been selling on eBay, I have had two negatives .... I wasn't contacted by the buyer in either case, and I didn't think the feedback was correct or fair.    But there is no comback.     In one case I refunded the money and asked for the feedback to be reversed.   I received a very nasty reply and was told "I should learn from what she said (she had feedback score of 3) .... and that I was bullying her !!

Lucky we have this page to get rid of our frustration 🙂

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@dotm2004 wrote:

You can't leave feedback for buyers once you've closed their case.  If you want to leave some (eg 'buyer didn't pay or contact" to warn other sellers), you have to leave it BEFORE you close the case.

You probably know all this .... but anyway, this is how I do it.   🙂

What's the point of delaying the closing of a NPB case just so you can leave feedback? Sellers can't leave negative feedback and it's a policy violation to leave false positives, so all you're doing is giving another green dot to somebody who clearly doesn't deserve it while running the risk of copping a sanction. Far better to close the case as quickly as possible, particularly in case the buyer decides to leave the seller a retaliatory negative which eBay may or may not remove. It's really not worth the risk.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

When I have a non payer, I always check their feedback, and I find that many other sellers leave comments about their non payments .. it's helpful to know.

I don't hold off closing the case .... I just leave the comments immediately before I close the case.   There is nothing wrong with doing this ... it gives others the opportunity to block them before they also get caught.

I have confirmed this recently with eBay, and they don't consider it a violation..    anyway, let's hope we don't have to worry about it, and then we'll all be happy.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I don't know who you spoke with at eBay and told you that leaving positive feedback with a negative comment isn't considered a policy violation, but they're 100% wrong and if the buyer requests it, eBay will remove the negative comment (but they still get to keep the green dot), and the seller will very likely end up with a defect.

If you've seen other sellers leaving positive feedback with negative comments, it's probably because the buyer doesn't realise that it's a violation and that they can have it removed on request. But don't take my word for it - ring eBay again and ask to speak with a supervisor this time and I'm sure you'll get somebody a bit more knowledgeable than the bloody idiot who told you that it was perfectly OK to leave false positives.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply