I have about 7 or 8 persons that have not left feedback. Some people are just lazy.

I have about 7 or 8 persons that have not left feedback. Some people are just lazy.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

@8113jack,

I realise that it can be frustrating when you don't receive feedback that you would like to have.

Just bear the following points in mind...

• eBay specifically state โRemember though, leaving Feedback is completely voluntary.โž
  • It's true that eBay also say โIf you've successfully completed a transaction with another eBay member and they haven't left you Feedback, it's fine to send a message as a reminder.โž However, a buyer may interpret a reminder or follow-up request as unwelcome prodding. There have been instances of buyers who were annoyed at just such a reminder, and who felt that the entire transaction was not a good experience as a result, and who thereafter left feedback such as "Negative feedback - the red dotHere's the feedback you were begging for. unsatisfactory overall experience."
  • Sometimes a buyer doesn't leave feedback because if they gave it, it would be a negative. By not leaving feedback at all, the buyer doesn't feel the pressure to bring down the seller's feedback score. In other words, let sleeping dogs lie.
  • Some buyers don't feel the need to leave feedback. They only want to buy. They have the right to that view.
  • Some sellers don't leave feedback at all, or don't leave feedback if they can't honestly leave a positive. They have the right to that.
  • Some eBay members consider the leaving of feedback as the equivalent of saying "Thank you", and think therefore that not leaving feedback is rudeness. There is no real correlation in respect of that; some buyers will say Thank You as a note when making payment, and some sellers will have an email set up to say "Thank you for your purchase" after payment has been made (or before it's been made, in the invoice).
  • Because feedback is not mandatory, its not having been left by some eBay members cannot logically be assumed to be due to laziness. You could only conclude that if each of the non-feedback people believe that they must give feedback and are physically and mentally able to give feedback, but have been lying down on a couch refusing to do so because they don't want to put in the effort. Since you can't determine any of that, the "Some people are just lazy" is an unsupportable assumption.
  • There may be any number of factors preventing people from leaving feedback even if they wanted to do so, such as technical issues, health, being overwhelmed, etc.
  • Again - because this is the main point - feedback on eBay is entirely, completely voluntary. It does not have to be given. There isn't any stigma or shame in not giving feedback. It's completely the choice of the individual.

Of course, this can make it hard for a young/new business or seller. I myself do give feedback.

There have been many, many threads concerning feedback on these boards. Overall the advice is to expect that there'll be a certain percentage of people who won't or don't give feedback, and not to fret about it. Some sellers will send a polite reminder, but in generally sellers will leave it up to the individual without prodding. Better no feedback than annoyed feedback.

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

That is about 10% of your feedback.....be very thankfull for that.

There are sellers here who are missing as much as 50% of their feedback.

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

My f/b = 7540
My transactions = 16159

All that's important is that you try and maintain as close to 100% that you can....that's where the achievement is
Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

@8113jack wrote:

Some people are just plain demanding.

You could always say in your descriptions "don't buy from me unless you're prepared to leave feedback" if it's that important to you. Of course you'd eliminate a certain percentage of your sales but at least you wouldn't be able to complain about feedback.

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

8113jack,

Don't mind  those people who can't be bothered leaving f/back!

Have a bit of fun with them! That is all they are good for - any f/back in general.

If you do approach any of your buyers to ask to leave f/back and they give you a neg just for asking (no other reason), make the biggest fools out of them in your response.

Mind you, Ebay doesn't have enough space for a good and mocking reply - like you get from big hotels, famous stores and restaurants if you dare to say anything even remotely negative about them - you look and feel like a such a d..ck - guaranteed to  disway you from doing that again in a hurry to anyone - and rather grateful you are not being sued for slander and ruin of reputation.

If they had more space on Ebay - sellers would have a ball with imginative and saecastic & witty responses, it would leave buyers thinking long and hard what they are saying about other people. Especially if their user name was displayed for all the world to see!

There is a good old saying: The word is mightier than a sword.

After reading the boards here & there - I could never understand why sellers go through almost untold back bending, give buyers  a song & dance routine, demean themselves, give stuff away.... all that just so they don't get a neg from some twit who has become an expert in manipulation! Go to all that trouble rather than give them a tripple dose of their own medicine.

Similar to being set upon on the streets, being mugged... turn the tables on him and say: OK, give me your wallet please. With a smirk on your face, of course.

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

I have about 2500 who haven't left VOLUNTARY feedback for me.

As I sell for money and get enough to keep my stars and feedback percentage at acceptable levels, I care not.

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

@8113jack wrote:

Careful what you wish for.

They could be 7 or 8 negs.

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

Manners are a thing of the past. Just take their money and laugh all the way to the bank and be grateful you do not have to deal with them in person. In my experience, 90% of buyers don't leave feedback, and even the ones who message and say how happy they are and will leave glowing feedback, never do. You need to toughen up and get over it.  I have!  No news is good news, you will hear quick smart when there is a problem. No feedback is better than getting negatives.

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

@8113jack wrote: โ€œSome people are just lazyโ€

WOW, I see you are both a buyer and a seller.  Through just the act of buying or selling you are able to assess the other member as being โ€œjust lazyโ€ simply because they donโ€™t leave you feedback?  Are the checkout persons at Coles lazy if they donโ€™t say โ€œthanks for shopping at Colesโ€ every time you buy groceries?  

Perhaps those that donโ€™t place as much importance on feedback as you are:

- single parents with demanding children, or

- high flying execs who are very busy, or

- just time poor

- using eBay to buy/sell things and not stroke your ego

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply