I just read the funds on hold for 1 month,I share your pain 10 yrs + custmer and they hold my funds

eBay holding my funds I'v had account over 10 YEARS they payed me for first two sale after speaking to custmer service,then they want to hold my money for the next 4 sales for what,the first two customers were happy with the product 

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: I just read the funds on hold for 1 month,I share your pain 10 yrs + custmer and they hold my fu

@projecta_79 wrote:

l don,t want anything to do with ebay  there plenty of other sites to sell goods on and they don,t hold on to my funds ether 

You wrote this in response to imastawka, when she asked if you were signed up for managed payments. (message 29)

You are perfectly entitled to stop selling on ebay and sell wherever else you wish to & I imagine there are some other dedicated sales sites out there for your types of items.

But in the meantime, you need to look after your own interests when it comes to your  recent past sales. You'll be wanting to collect what is owing to you. 

You certainly don't want to be leaving your funds in limbo, where you'll never get them.

So in order to collect, you need to sign up for managed payments. You must be verified, & you'll need to arrange a money transfer once the hold lifts on your funds.

After that, by all means, just close down your ebay account if you wish to.

But make sure you get your money first.

PS The interesting thing in imastawka's link is it says new or infrequent sellers may have a hold put on funds for up to 14 days, although sometimes it may be longer.

For high priced items, the hold may be for up to 30 days.

It also says that in most cases, a hold is lifted when a buyer confirms they have received the item. Most, not all.

So ebay has not broken faith with you or gone against their word as such. To be honest, I thought the hold for newish sellers was pretty much 30 days anyway, but in any case, if you sign up for managed payments, you will soon be getting your money.

Message 41 of 43
Latest reply

Re: I just read the funds on hold for 1 month,I share your pain 10 yrs + custmer and they hold my fu

@springyzone wrote:

@projecta_79 wrote:

l don,t want anything to do with ebay  there plenty of other sites to sell goods on and they don,t hold on to my funds ether 

PS The interesting thing in imastawka's link is it says new or infrequent sellers may have a hold put on funds for up to 14 days, although sometimes it may be longer.

For high priced items, the hold may be for up to 30 days.

It also says that in most cases, a hold is lifted when a buyer confirms they have received the item. Most, not all.

So ebay has not broken faith with you or gone against their word as such. To be honest, I thought the hold for newish sellers was pretty much 30 days anyway, but in any case, if you sign up for managed payments, you will soon be getting your money.

Personally I think Ebay should change that policy,  I'm happy with 14 to 30days.  But where a seller comes to the boards complaining, it should automatically add another 30 days penalty for not having read the T&C's.  They could add it to the T&C's so would be legit.

Message 42 of 43
Latest reply

@projecta_79 wrote:

i know its just business yeah,but you should not have to wait 4 weeks that,s wrong and bad for business,i don,t need ebay,they don,t have good business sense,i know a lot of people in the banking sector i know for fact the real reason ebay hold on to money is the INTEREST do have any idea the money they make on interst,,ill let you do the maths

Oh great, that old chestnut has been dragged out again. No, ebay to not make interest on people's money. It is illegal for them to do so and if they were caught doing so, they would be in a power of strife. They aren't going to break that law and risk damaging their business. They might be a lot of things, but they aren't stupid. 

No, I don't work for ebay either (although maybe I wish I did, I'd probably get paid more than I do for my regular job).

Message 43 of 43
Latest reply