I just read the funds on hold for 1 month,I share your pain 10 yrs + custmer and they hold my funds

eBay holding my funds I'v had account over 10 YEARS they payed me for first two sale after speaking to custmer service,then they want to hold my money for the next 4 sales for what,the first two customers were happy with the product 

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I just read the funds on hold for 1 month,I share your pain 10 yrs + custmer and they hold my funds

@davewil1964 wrote:

Maybe they want $64k for it?

Anticipating the howls when they realise the cut eBay will take if they sell it.

That may be what they are hoping for,  but Ebay will only charge the buyer $32K,  they dont charge based on a note.

I can just hear OP bleating that they only got $32K

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

You agreed to the rules when you listed

The holds will apply to all items you sell until you prove yourself as a seller

You only have one feedback on this account, and this is from 'the past month' 

the account you say you had for 10 years has nothing to do with this account you sold on now, nor does how much you sold on that account that was'nt recent 

Nor does any activity as a buyer for which you can only get positive feedback

You don't need to speak to customer service to know about the holds

You ticked 'you had read and understood' when you listed

You say they paid you for two items, if that is true  you already have had special treatment for some reason but expect more

Odd since eBay cs staff don't have the power to release funds early

Every seller who thinks policy does not apply to them will 'feel your pain'  

And no, I don't work for eBay

Message 2 of 43
Latest reply

According to what I can see on your projecta account, you'be only been a member since last year. And you only have a feedback rating of 5.

Your other accounts are separate & buyers won't be seeing those. But even on your 10 year old account, if you haven't sold recently, there would still be a hold on funds.

So what if ebay has a hold on 6 sales? It is not as if you won't eventually get your money. As long as you're signed up to managed payments, you will. It is not a huge drama & it is part of the normal ebay process.

It's just a security measure.  

Message 3 of 43
Latest reply

yes yes they do have the power to release funds i was told directly by customer service,my first two sale customers were very happy with my service and product,and if the buyer agrees for the funds to be released when product arrives and ebay still want to hold on to my funds,that is rubbish business practice,so customer happy whats the problem to release my funds, and one other thing a man should always keep he,s word, and be up front and transparent about business he does with anyone,,, i have no reason to talk bull, what i said was the truth

Message 4 of 43
Latest reply

What sandy said was true.

What you consider truth, as far as eBay policies are concerned may not be.

Yelling will not garner you any sympathy, nor will it get your funds released earlier than the eBay policy you agreed to when you listed. Which it appears you didn't bother to read.

Message 5 of 43
Latest reply

I HAVE 3 ACCOUNTS WITH WITH EBAY SPENT OVER 20 THOUSAND DOLLARS THEY KNOW EXACTLY  WHO I AM<AND IF CUSTOMER AGREES TO RELEASE FUNDS AFTER THEY RECEIVE THE ITEM AND EBAY STILL WANT TO HOLD MY FUNDS<<FOR WHAT REASON<CUSTOMER IS HAPPY FOR FUNDS TO BE RELEASED BUT EBAY STILL REFUSE TO RELEASE FUNDS.THAT IS WRONG WRONG WRONG<AND I WILL EVENTUALLY  GET PAID YEAH WHAT THAT **bleep** CHRISTMAS WILL EVENTUALLY COME AROUND TO,WHAT IF I NEED THE MONEY TO KEEP TURNING BUSINESS OVER ? WHAT THEN ? AND A MAN DOES NOT BREAK HES WORD,DO YOU THINK I WOULD DIRTY MY NAME FOR THE SACK OF A FEW DOLLARS

Message 6 of 43
Latest reply

You may not be aware that sending a message typed in capital letters is considered to be shouting and quite rude. It is also difficult to read a capital typed long paragraph.

Ebay treat every new seller, or a seller who has not had a sale for a long time, exactly the same. They hold funds for up to 30 days. If  you continue to have sales, eventually Ebay will treat you the same way they treat regular sellers and sales funds will be transferred to the bank account you nominate to Ebay.

This is a member to member forum and there is nothing we can do to change the situation.

All we can say is be patient.

Message 7 of 43
Latest reply

i don,t want sympathy,i want the cash that is owed to me simple as that,and ebay lied to me about releasing my funds they said to me they would release my funds but still did not release **bleep**,and like i said i would not dirty my name for any amount of dollars. trust is a two way street just like compromise ,it  seem,s to be a one way street at ebay,,have you ever heard of the expression the customer is always right     

Message 8 of 43
Latest reply

I'm glad that Ebay puts a long hold on items.

But confused with the listing you still have active,  $32,000,  with a note that says price is times 2,   I added it to my cart and will only charge me single,  what are you trying to say,  before you are back with another yelling complaint.   PS,  please dont yell my ears hurt

Message 9 of 43
Latest reply

And PS,  doesnt matter how many accounts or how much you have spent,  you agreed to the T&C's,  so you knew what to expect.

Message 10 of 43
Latest reply