I just wanted to touch on my experience getting an extra 100 listings within the first 45 days.

Approval for 100 extra listings..

I use the ebay app on my phone, and I mentioned this. I try my best to respond as fast as possible.

I advertised overnight freight now on most of my listings, and will do all.

I set myself some sales goals.

All my stock is located in my warehouse.

I hope these tips help someone.

😃

I know people mentioned that I could not get the extra listings till 50 positive feedback.

I had 11, and I can get another 100 listings at 25 positive feedback.

Mind you, this is autoelectrical parts, so I mentioned that I do have a lot of stock to list.. and I do.

I am going to list more this weekend. 😃

It takes 5 mins for the system to update..

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I just wanted to touch on my experience getting an extra 100 listings within the first 45 days.

Good advice Penny.

We increased our handling time out to 3-days but still mail out on the same or very next day.

We use mostly large letter.

This gives us a bit more wiggle room against these late delivery defects.

What we have found since doing this is that the feedback comments citing very fast postage have increased.

Hopefully those are translating into YES answers.

So far only one NO and that was because an item got lost.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Have you also attempted to accept the frequent free promo listings that are mentioned on the selling boards?

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

I did indeed.

That is why this forum is invaluble.

Penny mentioned it originally.

Awesome.

I actually only got the email today with the promotion, i think,

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Congratulations on getting the increase. I would be very careful offering overnight freight though (I presume you mean one day handling, not actual overnight delivery).  It could see you gather a lot of late delivery defects.  This is a big country and there are lots of areas where it just isn't possible to get fast delivery, even using courier brokers and Express post.  eBay's delivery estimates are NOT generous, the first few items I checked, if sold today, are scheduled for arrival between Tuesday and Thursday of next week.  Auspost is now minimum 2 days, and that is within the same state, shipping to other states you can count on at 5-6 days, probably more to the other side of the country.  You are offering free standard postage, and most of your items seem to be fairly small dolllar value, so using faster postage methods would eat up any profits you might make.  Even if you can get the smaller things through at letter rate, you are going to need to use Priority, so minimum postage will be $2.50, and with no tracking you run a real risk of racking up a lot of NO answers to the postage question at feedback, and therefore a lot of defects.

I'm not trying to be negative here, I just want to be sure you understand the defect system and how to avoid them.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

You seem to be very happy at the moment the way things are going for you but I have noticed that you have only sold 2 items this month.

That alone would be stressing me out big time.

Good luck.

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

Good advice Penny.

We increased our handling time out to 3-days but still mail out on the same or very next day.

We use mostly large letter.

This gives us a bit more wiggle room against these late delivery defects.

What we have found since doing this is that the feedback comments citing very fast postage have increased.

Hopefully those are translating into YES answers.

So far only one NO and that was because an item got lost.

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

I hope OP takes this good advice and uses it.

They also have many larger items with free postage and standard delivery Woman Surprised

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

I,m still having trouble following your listings mate. I,m not in the trade, but do have a little bit of experience repairing cars and heavy equipment including rebuilding the occasional truck motor, restoring the odd classic car etc. I,ve done a couple of TAFE courses etc. Basically I,m your mugg punter, home mechanic of which there are millions out there that would definately be interested in buying some of your items.

First everything you list, the description and title starts with "replacing". Does this mean the parts are non genuine, or are you just saying I will use these to replace my part ? ( Which is why I,m looking for the part in the first place. ). If the parts are non genuine, why not just say that ? I could not find any other sellers who do this and it just seems a bit unusual to me. It is raising one red flag there, as a buyer I am now wary.

Next, I want to know, does this fit my vehicle ? If you take the Land Cruiser brush set x 4 that comes up first when I search your items. OK they fit a Nippo Denso starter, thats great. Lets say I have one of them in my 1972 Land Cruiser ute. Did Toyota fit Nippo Denso starters to Land Cruisers right from the start in the 1950,s until today ? ANSWER I dont know. ....... If they did, where they all the same starter to all petrol and diesel motors. ? ANSWER Very unlikely but I dont know. ....... If not, do the same brushes fit all the Nippo Denso starters fitted to Land Cruiser starters from the 1950,s until today.  ANSWER Again highly unlikely, but I dont know.

So now the problems start. Do I go to the trouble of phoneing you to find out ? You might not be at work and I could get the answering machine. I might be too lazy to start phoning people up chasing parts. If I wanted to be phoning people I would not be looking on the net. It could be 10.00 pm. at night . My answer - no sale, next seller thanks.

Ebay have the template in place in the Auto components catagory for you to list all of the makes and models your brushes fit. As a buyer I definately use it. It beats the heck out of a brief eight word desription.

Sorry if this all sounds a bit harsh, but you do have some excellent products that buyers would like and you could have a great business there. Its just that at the moment, as a buyer, I would be very reluctant to buy the products, because I would be worried they would not fit my vehicle.  

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

Yes, it is only a new store. 
I am happy even with 1 sale a day..  Money in the pocket I never had before.

I have about 500 items to list, and it is also a niche market. It takes times for people to get word around.

This is just a little extra cash, or cream on the cake.

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

That is awesome.

I am so glad I came here, something I would have overlooked.

We use Replacing as it is just that.

Replacing Bosch Brush.......

We have found this is the best way to say it, and other have fed this back.

You can only write so many words in the title.

We are not seeking to list all the models, we are looking for people who have some knowledge of what the item will fit.

We assume that people will already know, and if they dont they can call our support line.

So far, out of the 25 sales, we have had 2 message asking if it fits a certain model.

1 Brush might fit 50 models, and too much to sit there and write it all.

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply